Old 11-30-2015, 06:01 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
On cars/SUVs that I'm familiar with, you simply drill a pilot hole in the dimples in the front bumper fascia that match your plate mounting holes and use self-tapping screws.

My dealer used the blank space to mount there dealership name plate since Kansas is a rear only state. IMHO, front plates are a waste.
Texas takes it pretty seriously. Our toll road authorities read only the rear plate, but the municipal police are largely outfitted with those automatic plate scanners that pull up info on everyone who passes them on the road (they catch a lot of outstanding warrants that way). My understanding is that the front plate won't be going away any time soon for this reason (among others). They want to retain the ability to see who's coming toward them.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:15 PM   #16
2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
My dealer used the blank space to mount there dealership name plate since Kansas is a rear only state. IMHO, front plates are a waste.
If you were in Texas it would cost you a minimum of $200 dollars to express your opinion to the judge who might or might not agree with you but in either case would still assess the fine. I know a few who have learned that the hard way. One was even accorded "free" overnight accommodations in a rural county jail because there was no night court in the county.

Make errors otherwise the Great Spirit realizes
you have finished your purpose on earth.

Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Vienna , Virginia
On my 2014 Interstate EXT I enclosed the front license plate in a WeatherTech enclosure. It looked very nice, however, the additional thickness set off the front collision sensors.

K9CarCrate is offline   Reply With Quote