Old 09-22-2016, 07:55 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member
Genoa , Nevada
Thanks to all of you for your insight and suggestions. This is our first motorhome as such, I'm going through a steep learning curve. In retrospect, avionstream's question is fair and I expect with good intention.

As a postscript, I had my final conversation with the manufacturer's technical department head in Manitoba Canada. After a brief discussion to satisfy his curiosity regarding our two candidates, we agreed on the solution. Specifically, I will install a quarter-turn shut off valve at the overflow tube.

The only potential problem with this is, I have a senior moment and forget to open the valve once I arrive at a destination. There is, according to the manufacturer, "no chance of a pressure build up while driving..."

Tomorrow morning I will install the device, after I go to the vitamin store and buy all their Omega-3 supplements to boost memory. If you don't mind I will report back next week as we are taking a short trip over to the Lake. This entails going up and down many hills, which will be the acid test.

Thanks again...

Tahoe Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:08 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Woe to the person who leaves their keys in the hanging door hatch, because those all-important electronic fobs will get soaked.
Mine was exposed, just a screw on/off cap w/ a retention chain. No keys req'd.

Glass half full or half empty to an engineer is simply a glass that was over designed.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:49 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member
Genoa , Nevada
As promised, I would report the results from temporarily closing off the drain tube while in transit, I filled the fresh water to 100% at home, drove to Camp Richardson which was a 3K foot climb. Arrived with 100% and no unintended consequences.

Problem solved!
Tahoe Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:11 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Excellent! Just remember, if you have problems with the water pump, open the valve before you come and ask on here why it won't pull water...
Actually, now that I think of it, there must be something that can be put inline that allows bidirectional flow with just a minimum pressure trigger, say 5psi, so that it would allow the over flow to work and wouldn't completely allow the pump to suck the sides of the fresh tank in. Time to Google.. good luck, with yours

RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote