Old 10-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member
2013 Interstate Coach
Townsend , Tennessee
First Service Point

As I noted in another thread, I finally got home and headed in for my first service. Schedule A warning started 14 days ago. I only had 6000 miles on it, but one year had just gone around.
The only thing to report is that my Mercedes dealer has a great bunch of "service-oriented" folks. I am sitting in the waiting area, strong wifi, bowl of peppermint patties, hot coffee, and they just handed me a hot chocolate chip cookie 😄. Doing routine Schedule A along with a few recall notices.

I like Mercedes Benz of Knoxville......😊. They talked me into a SLK350 last spring too. 😄😄

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

FMCA # 436814
toskeysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination
2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Mercedes Benz definitely knows how to treat its customers. During football season, they even make sure every high-def television in the waiting area is tuned to a different game.

A 10% military discount in the service department isn't a bad deal, either; show your military ID to get the discount.

WBCCI #1105

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
A 10% military discount in the service department isn't a bad deal, either; show your military ID to get the discount.
Park Place Mercedes of Grapevine, Texas will give the military discount if your Texas driver's license is marked "VETERAN".
Make errors otherwise the Great Spirit realizes
you have finished your purpose on earth.

Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
2013 Interstate Coach
San Diego , California
Toskeysam is right! MB Knoxville is great! They did our service B when we were on the road. Those Peppermint Patties are like crack. I also had a cookie and a muffin, and coffee while we were there. Oh, this behavior could explain the 5 lbs I gained while on the road.
My New Blog Project:
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #5
Trying to Retire
2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Pinehurst , North Carolina
My 1st Service was done on the road as well - Keyes European in Van Nuys, CA. $290.30

When we dropped it off we walked around for a little bit looking at cars. I drooled over the SL and G models, was easier to pay the $ for the van given I can live in it if need be; but $250k for a two seat convertible is out of my reach.

They had a driver take us 3-4 miles away to a mall (myself, wife & daughter), then come pick us up when the van was done. (AWESOME)

In hind site they may have just wanted my RV Driving butt out of their multi-million $$ showroom since I was drooling on the cars; but I like to think it was because they have great service! (LOL)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you work until you have everything you 'WANT' - it will probably be too late to enjoy it.
Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote