Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2018, 04:37 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Idaho Falls , Idaho
Fiamma awning - another problem

I have reviewed the numerous postings on the Fiamma awning but could not find a discussion on this problem. I have the F65 eagle legless, autoretract awning.

The problem is it will quit extending or retracting randomly.
-it is inconsistent where it stops.
-sometimes it just shutters and stops
-often times there is a groan at the motor end and then it stops. The groan sounds like something is binding. It is not a grating sound.
-sometimes I can get it restarted by trying to extend, trying to retract, trying to extend, etc until it goes
-often times I have to use the manual crank. After turning the manual crank a turn or two it will retract on its own the rest of the way
-it has only blown the fuse once.
-after I have had a problem and got it to work, I have opened and closed it 4 or 5 times without a problem.

I have checked everything visually and can not find anything binding.

Any ideas?

As a side note I worked with Fiamma on a missing clip issue and they were very responsive. I was working with Kevin Lawson the week he was killed. It is something I think about whenever I work on the awning.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
I remember I had an issue with my awning a few years ago. I managed to find the thread here:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...ue-117617.html
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:19 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Idaho Falls , Idaho
Fiammma basically out of business in the us

Here is the response I got from Fiamma when I contacted them. It looks like a Carefree awning is in my future.

I’m sorry due to the tragedy on June 5th, 2017 at Fiamma Inc where one-half of our work force was tragically victims including all of our managers, technicians and administrators. We no longer have any technical support here. Please visit www.fiammausa.com and find your part/item number and then call us to see if we have in stock. We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Maybe stop at a local RV dealer in your area and I’m sorry we do not keep a list of dealers.

Pattie Lynch
Customer Service Manager
Fiamma Inc
2427 Forsyth Road
Orlando, FL 32807
407-672-0091
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:54 PM   #4
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passin Thru View Post
Here is the response I got from Fiamma when I contacted them. It looks like a Carefree awning is in my future.

I’m sorry due to the tragedy on June 5th, 2017 at Fiamma Inc where one-half of our work force was tragically victims including all of our managers, technicians and administrators. We no longer have any technical support here. Please visit www.fiammausa.com and find your part/item number and then call us to see if we have in stock. We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Maybe stop at a local RV dealer in your area and I’m sorry we do not keep a list of dealers.

Pattie Lynch
Customer Service Manager
Fiamma Inc
2427 Forsyth Road
Orlando, FL 32807
407-672-0091
Oh my!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...rida-business/
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote