Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #99
Rivet Master
 
wayneskid's Avatar

 
2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 515
Images: 1
Protagonist,

Hmmmm. I wonder if they have changed the way this ckt. is wired between my 2010 and your 2012. I have the actual Airstream schematics and it's clear that mine would have the LPG valve turned off by the Battery Disconnect. Also, the Owner's Manual indicates that this is how it works. There is a simple way to test the theory and this is what I will do in a few weeks when I go south to get mine out of hibernation. For you, this would also eliminate any possibility that some other factor was involved the the results you saw.

1) Put all switches in their normal "camping" configuration.
2) Light one of the burners on the cooktop.
3) Turn the Battery Disconnect to OFF

If it is wired like I think mine is, the burner will turn off. If yours is wired like you think yours is, the burner will continue to burn.

If you get a chance, give it a try and let me know what happened.

Wayne
__________________

__________________
- wayne
2010 Interstate 3500 Twin Bed
(2008 Freightliner CRD Sprinter)
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:20 AM   #100
Figment of My Imagination
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneskid View Post
Protagonist,

Hmmmm. I wonder if they have changed the way this ckt. is wired between my 2010 and your 2012. I have the actual Airstream schematics and it's clear that mine would have the LPG valve turned off by the Battery Disconnect. Also, the Owner's Manual indicates that this is how it works. There is a simple way to test the theory and this is what I will do in a few weeks when I go south to get mine out of hibernation. For you, this would also eliminate any possibility that some other factor was involved the the results you saw.

1) Put all switches in their normal "camping" configuration.
2) Light one of the burners on the cooktop.
3) Turn the Battery Disconnect to OFF

If it is wired like I think mine is, the burner will turn off. If yours is wired like you think yours is, the burner will continue to burn.

If you get a chance, give it a try and let me know what happened.

Wayne
I'll do that, purely for the sake of curiosity, but let's get back to BL1996 and his inexplicable battery drain, shall we?
__________________

__________________
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 AM   #101
Rivet Master
 
wayneskid's Avatar

 
2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 515
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I'll do that, purely for the sake of curiosity, but let's get back to BL1996 and his inexplicable battery drain, shall we?
I think what we're discussing here may be directly related to BL1996's issue. If the LPG valve IS in fact drawing current even with the Disconnect off, then that coupled with weak batteries may be his problem. If the LPG valve IS NOT drawing current with Disconnect off he needs to look deeper.

Another thought; this thread "Fans of Airstream Interstate" was opened as a geenral discussion of Interstates and their use, what folks like and dislike, etc. This battery drain topic belongs in a new thread where it will get more focused attention. BL1996 should start the new thread IMHO.
__________________
- wayne
2010 Interstate 3500 Twin Bed
(2008 Freightliner CRD Sprinter)
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #102
Rivet Master
 
Lily&Me's Avatar

 
2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie
Our unit is 6 years old and has 108,000 miles on it. The cargo door latch has begun sticking badly, which we thought was normal wear and tear.

The mechanic at the Dodge dealership gave it a good shot of WD40 this morning and Voila! No more problems! Who knew? We didn't. Doug promptly treated all the doors.

Maggie
Well, last pm the door latch just quit, broke, won't latch/open/close. Inside and outside handle just move loosely. Lubrication was apparently not the issue. Boooo. .

6 years old, we have had for 5 years, 111,000 miles. Stuff is going to wear out.

We are on our way to Iowa, will find a body shop this am who can hopefully fix.


Maggie
__________________
🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #103
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,417
Blog Entries: 2
Common problem with these. Needs adjusting most likely. If I remember the Sprinter forums had an article on adjusting and repairing. Might still be in their search function. These doors always were a problem on early model Sprinters, but easily fixed. jim
__________________
avionstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #104
Rivet Master
 
Lily&Me's Avatar

 
2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi
Common problem with these. Needs adjusting most likely. If I remember the Sprinter forums had an article on adjusting and repairing. Might still be in their search function. These doors always were a problem on early model Sprinters, but easily fixed. jim
Good.

We are headed for the Dodge dealer in Mt. Pleasant, who said they could get us in as soon as we arrive. Picking up a grand baby in the am, really need a functioning door.


Maggie
__________________
🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #105
Rivet Master
 
Lily&Me's Avatar

 
2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,563
Kudos to Shottenkirk's in Mt. Pleasant, IA, who diagnosed a broken latch ---@ no charge.

They recommended a Sprinter dealer for replacement, we are seeing our folks at home early Monday morning.

Will have to take the kiddies to the zoo this weekend, without a working cargo door----it will be an adventure for them, climbing in and out through the passenger seat.


Maggie
__________________
🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #106
Rivet Master
 
wayneskid's Avatar

 
2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 515
Images: 1
Maggie,
I assume that by "cargo door" you are talking about the sliding door on the curbside of the Sprinter? If yes, go to the Sprinter Forum, then the T1N subforum. Click on "Search this Forum" (in the upper right corner) and enter "sliding door"; you will get lots of hits.

Good luck!
Wayne
__________________
- wayne
2010 Interstate 3500 Twin Bed
(2008 Freightliner CRD Sprinter)
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #107
Rivet Master
 
Lily&Me's Avatar

 
2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneskid
Maggie,
I assume that by "cargo door" you are talking about the sliding door on the curbside of the Sprinter? If yes, go to the Sprinter Forum, then the T1N subforum. Click on "Search this Forum" (in the upper right corner) and enter "sliding door"; you will get lots of hits.

Good luck!
Wayne
Thank you, we'll do that. Doug is reluctant to try to deal with this himself, as getting the door off is not a simple task, apparently. I'll get him on to read those threads, though.

It is annoying to have to go in and out through the passenger and driver door. Us and the dog. Grrrrr. Telling myself that stuff happens.

Have an early am appt. with our local dealer on Monday, when we can leave it for a couple of days disassembled. Have to have this fixed before next Thursday, when we are taking 3 grand kids camping.


Maggie
__________________
🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #108
2 Rivet Member
 
Voyager407's Avatar
 
2006 22' Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 29
Unhappy

Dear Doug & Maggie,
I think my Interstate is exactly like yours, at least on the exterior. (2006 rear dinette.) Unfortunately, in February a windstorm destroyed my RV port and did $4,100 worth of scratches, scrapes, and dents to the van.

It's been in the shop for six weeks. They keep telling me they can't find any glass shop that can replace the rear window, driver's side. How can this be? Airstream was consulted, but they were not interested in helping, saying that the original supplier is out of business.

What am I going to do?
__________________
Voyager407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #109
Rivet Master
 
Lily&Me's Avatar

 
2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager407
Dear Doug & Maggie,
I think my Interstate is exactly like yours, at least on the exterior. (2006 rear dinette.) Unfortunately, in February a windstorm destroyed my RV port and did $4,100 worth of scratches, scrapes, and dents to the van.

It's been in the shop for six weeks. They keep telling me they can't find any glass shop that can replace the rear window, driver's side. How can this be? Airstream was consulted, but they were not interested in helping, saying that the original supplier is out of business.

What am I going to do?
Ohhh, that's not good.

I'd take some pictures and send them around online, might be able to find someone that way. I'd also call JC directly. They are still making these vans, why would there be no windows available?

Good luck,


Maggie
__________________
🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #110
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,417
Blog Entries: 2
Try a Dodge dealer who used to sell them. They may still have the parts books. I do not know if the MB dealers books go back that far. Also Freightliner may be helpful. jim
__________________
avionstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #111
Figment of My Imagination
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,316
When my Interstate was burglarized, my insurance company told me where to get the glass, and it made a difference whether it was the glass on a door or on the side panels. The front door glass and windshield were original Sprinter, all the rest was custom, and the repair soruces as determined by the insurance company were different. Fortunately, I only needed front door glass replaced.

If zigzagguzzi's idea doesn't pan out, as your next option, try contacting your RV insurance company and asking them where to get your glass. Even if you're filing the claim on your homeowner's, your RV insurance company has a vested interest in knowing where to get any part for any insured vehicle, so they've probably already done the legwork you're trying to do. And even if they can't help, you're only out one phone call.
__________________
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #112
Rivet Master
 
Skater's Avatar
 
1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,344
When we were in an accident with our B190 that broke the side window, they ended up replacing it with plexiglas for similar reasons. I don't recommend this - it rattled annoyingly at highway speeds - but it was certainly better than nothing.
__________________

__________________
1995 Airstream Classic 30' Excella 1000
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab with Cummins 6.7L Diesel

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW: 5th Wheel Airstream Airtrekker Boondocking 38 06-25-2016 10:52 PM
2005 Airstream Interstate 22' eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 03-06-2011 08:20 PM
2006 Airstream 22 INTERSTATE eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 02-04-2011 03:30 PM
2010 Airstream Interstate Mercedes Benz Motorhome eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 01-29-2011 04:00 PM
2009 Airstream Interstate 3500 Mercedes Benz Diesel eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 01-08-2011 02:20 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.