Old 11-08-2018, 05:19 AM   #631
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
INTERBLOG - First of all, you got the 1st part right - INTERSTATES are better any day than any 747 flight. Now if you could just convince LB3 to drive you there and back on your trips, you would be golden
He's in California at a SpaceX thing, or he'd be all over that comment.

I like driving cross-continent solo. I am not sure why, because I'm not masochistic by temperament. I find it meditative. Life is complicated, and driving dawn till dusk five days in a row reduces daily complexity down to a You Have One Job state of being and focus.

Plus podcasts open up a whole new world. That $$$$ Pioneer head unit we recently installed is an ergonomic nightmare that I generally wish had never been invented, but at least I can play downloaded content now, albeit with a lot of difficulty.

Going to St. Louis and back a few weeks ago, I discovered the Christian Shorey series - Colorado School of Mines, and I initially picked some of his lectures because I was rounding out some continuing ed on my state license (geoscience). But then I started listening to the rest because the guy tells a hell of a good story.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #632
Wannabe RV'er in training

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
He's in California at a SpaceX thing, or he'd be all over that comment.

I find it meditative.
INTERBLOG - Haha, I am sure LB3 would have some interesting comments about 'chauffeuring' you cross-country.

You & I maybe in the minority finding driving meditative (and in my case, add therapeutic to that, with only 1 caveat - so long as it's not rush hour; though I am finding out that even in rush hour, being inside the AI somehow is less stressful than in any of my other cars)

Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:47 PM   #633
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Port Angeles , Washington
I certainly like driving.
But I do NOT like driving on the East Coast at all.
I also like to avoid the interstates whenever I can- although often due to time constraints that is the only choice. Or if weather is bad, they seem to be maintained a lot better in general.

Mark

Lotus54 is offline   Reply With Quote