Old 04-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #575
4 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
You will also need it if Battery Power is insufficient to extend/retract awning I was in Big Bend and started extending rh Awning and there was not enough juice to get beyond ~ 5 feet. Then it would not retract. I was concerned about wind so fired up the engine for about 30 minutes to get enough charge to retract.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:34 PM   #576
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Bradenton , Florida
Mr B removed his awning, so it is no longer needed..

Old 04-17-2016, 09:51 PM   #577
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjgman View Post
Mr B removed his awning, so it is no longer needed..
Still good for him to know, because if he sells his awning, the crank should go with it.

Besides, other new Interstate owners might be wondering the same thing…
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 10:26 PM   #578
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Lake Mary , Florida
Thank you Gentelmen!
I would never find out myself what this item for, because yes I have no awning on the van now

Awning-wise: I am going to install it on the patio of my New York house, because there is no roof porch, and I beleive it will work well there.

PS: small hint about retractable step of a sliding door, for everybody:
There are two rubber strips on the toop surface of the step, and if you pull out with finger any side of it - it easily comes out from their rails. No good, because in a long run those rubber strips could be loosen. What I've done today is I pulled out both rubbers, cleaned, and put few drops of silicone glue to inside the rails, and put those rubbers back in place. Minor thing but it's better to protect it now than to fix later.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:46 AM   #579
4 Rivet Member

Lake Mary , Florida
Protagonist, you've mentioned once that you have tire covers, and I am looking for a set on eBay now. They have 27, 28, 30, and 32 inches covers, what do you recommend? What size of covers you do have?
Old 04-29-2016, 05:20 AM   #580
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B View Post
Protagonist, you've mentioned once that you have tire covers, and I am looking for a set on eBay now. They have 27, 28, 30, and 32 inches covers, what do you recommend? What size of covers you do have?
I believe you have me confused with someone else. I don't have tire covers, and since my Interstate doesn't remain parked for extended periods, camping or stored, I don't feel I need them. My Interstate has never sat for more than three weeks without being driven somewhere, and usually no more than two weeks.

But the answer to your question is simple enough. Take a tape measure, and measure the outside diameter of the tires (measure side-to-side, not top-to-bottom), and that's the size you need. LT215/85r16 tires are 31" in diameter.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #581
4 Rivet Member

Lake Mary , Florida
Thank you!
Old 05-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #582
4 Rivet Member

Lake Mary , Florida
It's always a dude was leaving in my bus and shaking his set of metal keys while I have been driving on not perfectly-mirrored roads. I tried to catch him many times, and yesterday I finally did. He was living in the attic of toilet/shower room. What I've done was removed the fan's bezel, and got the access to the attic. O my! To say softly, the Airstream assemblers are not so picky guys - they've put in there crapy insulation and lighting wires were hanging along with the metal parts of both housings of ceiling lamps. I accommodated all those items together, put there additional insulation, ... and the man with his shaking keys was gone ))))... probably to some other bus )))

Don't anyone have him there in the toilet attic?
)))))
Old 05-05-2016, 03:10 PM   #583
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
I't noon somewhere Mr. B. Have another one on me.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #584
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Evansville , Indiana
Quote:
It's always a dude was leaving in my bus and shaking his set of metal keys while I have been driving on not perfectly-mirrored roads. I tried to catch him many times, and yesterday I finally did. He was living in the attic of toilet/shower room. What I've done was removed the fan's bezel, and got the access to the attic. O my! To say softly, the Airstream assemblers are not so picky guys - they've put in there crapy insulation and lighting wires were hanging along with the metal parts of both housings of ceiling lamps. I accommodated all those items together, put there additional insulation, ... and the man with his shaking keys was gone ))))... probably to some other bus )))

)))))
The bathroom overhead fan rattle is number 37 on the long list of squeaks, rattles and clicks on an Airstream Interstate!
Old 05-05-2016, 05:26 PM   #585
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB_3 View Post

Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 05-05-2016, 09:42 PM   #586
4 Rivet Member

Lake Mary , Florida
Patiently trying to eliminate all of them, one by one, each at a time )))

Btw, interesting for me - does big RV buses, even very expensive ones like Prevost, have all those 37 men with metal keys in their list?
Old 05-05-2016, 09:47 PM   #587
4 Rivet Member

Lake Mary , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB_3 View Post
Ok I will )))) thanks!
Old 05-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #588
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Quote:

)))))
Gives new meaning to "Fans of Airstream Interstate"!

Quote:
"Besides, this particular thread is called "Fans of Airstream Interstate" and a former AI owner qualifies as a fan as long as he doesn't badmouth Interstates just because he is a former owner."

- Protagonist, we are not in Russia thus this is a freedom of speach here . For example, personally I am not ashamed badmouthing a lot of airstream factory craftsmanship flaws in AI, although I really love my bus and I am a fan number one of it.
Thanks, Mr. B, for being fan number one! (I think there are many of us here that love their Airstreams in spite of craftsmanship flaws!)