Old 01-03-2014, 06:18 AM   #57
3 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Cream Ridge , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Flower View Post
Joe,
I have been carrying two of the little green bottles that I have wrapped in Armaflex pipe insulation and I store them with the big propane bottles. I suppose that means if there is ever an explosion, it will only come from one place. I have the green bottles because I could not figure out how to make the propane outlet on the front drivers side work, given that the supplied hose is just long enough to provide a nice source of combustion right under the existing main tanks. I have been to several propane shops and none of them were any help in providing what you have described as the correct fix. Thanks. I was in Camping World last week in St Augustine and could not find the appropriate hose, but being a male, I didn't ask anybody. Takes a long time to get smarter. Jim
Jim, CW and the local gas companies were no help when I was looking for answers either. I found what I needed on Ebay. It was a sixteen foot stainless steel braided LP hose. The seller was: Greatdealsupply. The Ebay item 251272579705 transaction 1231687877015. I don't know if those numbers are still good as it was back in May of 2013. They had quite a few different length hoses available.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:38 AM   #58
3 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Cream Ridge , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Palmieri View Post
Jim, CW and the local gas companies were no help when I was looking for answers either. I found what I needed on Ebay. It was a sixteen foot stainless steel braided LP hose. The seller was: Greatdealsupply. The Ebay item 251272579705 transaction 1231687877015. I don't know if those numbers are still good as it was back in May of 2013. They had quite a few different length hoses available.
Jim, If you go on Ebay and do a search for "propane, natural gas line 16 ft stainless steel braided hose LP", the one I purchased is the first one at the top of the page. It has 3/8" female flare fittings on both ends. You can get the flare adaptors at HD. Let me remind you that you can't connect this line to a device that already has it's own built in regulator as the QD on the A$ is already regulated down to 11" of water column. Hope this helps.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #59
Prairie Schooner II

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
Ukdude and Joe, thank you for the leads. Based on the info, it appears that my existing hot plate and BBQ that both run from the little green bottles, may not work if I try to make them run from the regulated source at the drivers side outlet. I'll try and pawn that stuff off on my kids and start over again. That is once I secure the parts. Jim
Old 01-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Nice blog spot Weirdstuff!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
Nice blog spot Weirdstuff!
Thank you! Now I just need to really get it up and running! Already have lots of obnoxious ideas for posts!
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #62
Swanstreaming

2014 28' International
Zionsville , Indiana
Send a message via Skype™ to swan
What are the fittings!?

I'm apparently an idiot, but I can't seem to connect my Webber Q100 to the 2014 Interstate's external gas line. The airstream, as mentioned, has a quick-connect jack and a provided hose that ends in a female nut that appears to want a ˝" male thread. The Webber grill has a regulator that ends in a female jack that looks to want a ⅞" male thread.

I have a hose for the webber that ends in the large, green plastic female fitting that treads onto standard LP tanks, which are about 1.25" t
male (the same fittings as are on the LP tanks included in the AS).

So, I could disconnect one of the tanks in the AS and connect to the Webber, but that seems to defeat the purpose of having the quick disconnect jack on the exterior of the unit.

Where can I find what these connections are called so I can get the proper adapters? It seems I should be able to get a male-to-male adapter to connect the included hose from AS to the Webber hose. I've seen about 7 different types of fitting names, which everyone but me must know what they mean, since I can't find any description of them.

Why the heck is this so complicated? Hahah.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Did you check Camping World? They might have either the fittings or stove/grill that will work.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #64

2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
You might check out this "mountable" propane grill from Camping World. It comes configured for use with the low pressure propane system such as the one on the AI but can be adapted to high pressure bottles when and if necessary. The mounting bracket makes it even more useful.

— Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:49 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Coach
Centre County , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by swan View Post
The Webber grill has a regulator that ends in a female jack that looks to want a ⅞" male thread.
You need to take the regulator off the Weber and attach a fitting where the regulator used to be. You already have a regulator on the AI - so propane is already low pressure.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #66
Swanstreaming

2014 28' International
Zionsville , Indiana
Send a message via Skype™ to swan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineolated View Post
You need to take the regulator off the Weber and attach a fitting where the regulator used to be. You already have a regulator on the AI - so propane is already low pressure.

The male fitting on the Weber grill, if I remove the regulator, is much smaller than the female fitting at the end of the Airstream hose. It's maybe half the size. If I know what these crazy fittings are called, I can probably get an adapter.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:52 PM   #67
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
I'd take the Airstream hose and the grill regulator to Home Depot and look for one or more fittings that could make the transition between the grill and the hose.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Melbourne Beach , Florida
Oops, 72 shark beat me.

Take both pieces to a Home Depot or Lowes or other plumbing supply place and they will be happy to sell you what you need.

However, if you buy a quick disconnect from CW, BEWARE. I bought one and put it in line where the flexible hose from the tank connected to the hard line on the A-frame. It was marked low pressure but is actually a high pressure fitting and would not mate with my grill.

Al

"You cannot reason someone out of a position they have not been reasoned into"

Al, K5TAN and Missy, N4RGO
2002 Classic 30 Slideout
S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
2001 Safari 25 RB Twin (Gone, but not forgotten)
WBCCI 1322, TAC FL-39, AIR 82265

Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote