Old 08-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
I have the Tekonsha P3 and like it, I have had older model Tekonsha's on other vehicles in the past and they have always worked well. Can't comment on the Reese.

I've found the Koni shocks a worth while upgrade. Particularly the rears. Can't comment on the airbags.

I like our GearSpace34 from Let's Go Aero, it's huge which is what we needed. The landing gear is a little flimsy but if your careful you won't hurt it and it's better than not having it.

russ240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #16
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ240 View Post
I like our GearSpace34 from Let's Go Aero, it's huge which is what we needed. The landing gear is a little flimsy but if your careful you won't hurt it and it's better than not having it.
Can you open the doors when you slide the GearSpace34 out? I measured the 20" off and it doesn't look Like I'll be able to access the rear while its mounted.

Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
I can get them open just enough to be frustrating, but not all the way. I can generally reach in and snag what I need, but the door won't open far enough to get anything big out of there. I am pleased with how easy the unit slides out even when fully loaded though. I thought it would be onerous with a load in it, but it's not.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #18
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
that is what I figured; with mine being and EXT I'll have ALLOT of stuff behind the couch (unless I decide to load it ALL in the box; and leave the King Size bed made out. but as soon as I do that I'll need something in the box. . . . hmm may end up going with a 16 cf swing out model then - at least I can get 1 door all the way open then. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Installed the TST TPMS system yesterday. Impressed with how user friendly it is. Mounted the monitor on a ProClip mount. Bought the TPMS system from Info Tech RV Solutions who seemed to have the best price for the TST system. I also replaced the water tank drain plug with a valve. I used a 3/4" pvc street elbow and bushed the female end down to 1/2" and fitted a 1/2" pvc ball valve. I mounted the valve with the handle on top so things didn't hang down much. Clean installation. Had dealer install a Prodigy P2 brake controller for my small, single axle trailer that I pull my Harley Triglide in. Works very well and simple to learn. (comes with a DVD). So far no bugs with the new 14 Interstate Twin. Thanks all for the help and advise.
c21bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
c21bill,

These systems look good to me. Did you get the 507 or the 510 system? Standard or flow-through sensors? What were the reasons for your choices?

Thanks,
Wayne
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Hi Wayne, I went with the 507 system because of the compact size of the monitor and the ease of programming. No need to enter codes to program, simply hold sensor next to monitor and push a button to program sensor. I opted for the standard sensors because the flow thru's seem to be quite a bit longer. I will be removing my sensors to save battery life between trips so easy enough to air tires before replacing the sensors. Sensors come with stick on numbers to id their location so you can put them back on the correct tire. Once you program your sensors and monitor, the screen only shows the tires in the locations where you installed sensors. In my case front axle, rear duals + single axle trailer. The screen cycles thru the eight tires reading out pressure and tempurature. Very nice and simple system.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
Hi Wayne, I went with the 507 system because of the compact size of the monitor and the ease of programming. No need to enter codes to program, simply hold sensor next to monitor and push a button to program sensor. I opted for the standard sensors because the flow thru's seem to be quite a bit longer. I will be removing my sensors to save battery life between trips so easy enough to air tires before replacing the sensors. Sensors come with stick on numbers to id their location so you can put them back on the correct tire. Once you program your sensors and monitor, the screen only shows the tires in the locations where you installed sensors. In my case front axle, rear duals + single axle trailer. The screen cycles thru the eight tires reading out pressure and tempurature. Very nice and simple system.
Don't they go to sleep when motionless or are you going to remove the battery's when you remove them?

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Wayne, they go to sleep when there is no pressure on them. The only time you need to remove a battery is to replace it. The manufacturer claims the batteries will last 10 to 12 months if they are installed all the time so I'm hoping for a few years life by removing the sensors between trips.
Bill
Old 08-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
Wayne, they go to sleep when there is no pressure on them. The only time you need to remove a battery is to replace it. The manufacturer claims the batteries will last 10 to 12 months if they are installed all the time so I'm hoping for a few years life by removing the sensors between trips.
Bill
Good to know. Thanks. Marc

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #25

2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILATV View Post
3) Suggestion for Cargo Box for Hitch? Christmas trip includes full van with 6 passengers on a 5 day trek (stay with family not sleeping 6 in the van) so I know I'll need additional cargo room for the luggage. My old Suburban barely held it behind the 3rd row; and the AS has less room than that did.
I have a Stowaway 2 Max on a swing away mount and have been very happy with it. It is well made and quite sturdy. It swallows up to 16 cubic feet and 200 pounds of gear. The Stowaway's double walls provide enough insulation that it can even be used as an outdoor ice chest. (There is a drain plug.) I had to buy a $16 adaptor to convert from the factory trailer light plug to the plug on the Stowaway, but that was the only extra needed.

The swing away mount is very solid (a hitch stabilizer is included) and there are three separate locking devices to hold it in the closed position. One of those, a simple drop in pin, also holds the Stowaway in position when it is swung open. With the box swung open both of the rear doors open, but the right door can only open about half way. One interesting side note. Although the Stowaway is available with LED lights they are not recommended for use on Sprinter based vehicles. Apparently Sprinters, and other German made vehicles, are subject to a power leak that does not do good things for the LED lighting.

Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
I can confirm the trailer lighting plug power leaks. I made a hitch rack to haul our recumbent trikes and added LED tail lights. There is a small amount of current on the plug that keeps two of the six LEDs on the tail lights lit at a low level at all times. I have to unplug the connector to get the lights out completely.
Boxster1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #27
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
I had same issue with Led lights I added to motorcycle carrier. Had to unplug lights when not driving.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:05 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
Gearspace LED's do the same thing on mine.