Old 09-22-2015, 11:50 PM   #29
The Silver Biscuit

2004 28' International CCD
Austin , Texas
Thanks. My sprinter dealer told me that the seatbelt issue applies only to make shoulder belts a no-no on lateral seating, but not laps, and another dealer told me that once you get in the 3500 model you don't have any compliance issues ... But who knows.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:52 PM   #30
The Silver Biscuit

2004 28' International CCD
Austin , Texas
But I can't take a shower��

Old 09-23-2015, 10:54 AM   #31
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie39j View Post
Thanks. My sprinter dealer told me that the seatbelt issue applies only to make shoulder belts a no-no on lateral seating, but not laps, and another dealer told me that once you get in the 3500 model you don't have any compliance issues ... But who knows.
No shoulder strap on lateral seating is correct according to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS), to prevent fatal neck injuries in the event of a collision.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:37 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
No shoulder strap on lateral seating is correct according to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS), to prevent fatal neck injuries in the event of a collision.
So lap belts are still legal in all scenarios, then? I thought folks were worried about potentially losing belts altogether - the whole sleeps two, feeds four, seats six issue. Sounds like Interstates could be made to seat six in all configurations, if that is the case.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Some lounge models can seat up to nine.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:53 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Bedford , Texas
Is there a checklist of breakers to close etc. that allows you to run your generator and rear AC while motoring down the road?
Old 10-05-2015, 08:28 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
The breaker assignment is on the backside of the door under the lounge.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:36 AM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFtex View Post
Is there a checklist of breakers to close etc. that allows you to run your generator and rear AC while motoring down the road?
Not sure what your asking, but you don't have to do anything special to run the generator while driving. Just fire it up, turn on the a/c and go.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #37

2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ240 View Post
Not sure what your asking, but you don't have to do anything special to run the generator while driving. Just fire it up, turn on the a/c and go.
Don't forget to turn on the propane valve before you attempt starting the generator.

Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:39 AM   #38

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Sugar Grove , Illinois
We just bought the Interstate EXT and have so much learning to do. How do you properly turn on A/C in back when traveling. Step by step please.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:17 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryliz View Post
We just bought the Interstate EXT and have so much learning to do. How do you properly turn on A/C in back when traveling. Step by step please.

1. Turn on propane (LP) switch on fill panel behind RH rear tires.
2. Start generator, it will take 2 minutes to get full power.
3. Then turn on A/C by switching to COOL mode on thermostat and set temp to desired level.
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:39 PM   #40
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryliz View Post
The generator plus A/C running will be VERY LOUD. Also uses propane fairly fast.

Other strategies not requiring the A/C, depending on temps, the way you use the van, and your passengers' heat sensitivity:

*) Don't let the closed van sit in the sun heating up. When you stop for more than a few minutes, use the ceiling vent fan to keep outside air flowing into the van.

*) Direct the cab A/C vents towards the back, with the A/C fan on high.

*) Drive with the sun shades down, and maybe the night shades too.

*) Give your passengers ice drinks

*) Consider a window treatment on the cab windows to reduce solar heating. We put 3M Crystalline and noted a big difference.
BMW R1200GS
TayaraTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:16 PM   #41
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
I don't often carry passengers in the rear of my Interstate. I can count the number of times on my thumbs, with at least one thumb left over. The one time was on a day trip to the Louisiana Renaissance Festival Didn't use the rooftop a/c to keep the passengers cool. This was in late October (luckily not August!), and the girls in back wanted to watch television. The generator was so loud under their seat that they couldn't hear the TV, so no rooftop a/c. Time for plan B.
Side note, Plan A never works, as I should have remembered from watching action-adventure movies. It's always best to throw away Plan A before you try it, and make Plan B the first plan you try.
They wanted to open the tip-out windows for improved ventilation, but I wouldn't allow it. Hitting a Louisiana pothole with those windows open would have led to broken tip-out windows since they're only supported by one lever on one side and would flex in ways that glass isn't supposed to flex.

So instead I cranked the dashboard a/c thermostat all the way down as cold as it would go, set it to recirculate rather than drawing in outside air, set the fan as high as it would go, and settled for an icy blizzard from the dashboard vents freezing my man-nipples off so the teenaged girls in back (my goddaughter and her friends; get your minds out of the gutter!) could be more comfortable. In typical teenager fashion they didn't really appreciate my sacrifice…
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:51 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
As others have noted on previous threads, those little 12 volt fans that plug directly into your dash cigarette lighter can also be useful in aiming the cab a/c air flow toward the back. Avoid the ones with the clips - the useful ones have pedestals or goose-neck type bases which can be flex'd to aim to the back of the vehicle. We use one of those.

Here's an example, although I can't vouch for this brand: