Old 06-06-2015, 10:41 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Only in caves. But my Interstate also has the full-height wardrobe closet, which makes for a mere 19" wide gap in between the bathroom and closet, all the way from ceiling to floor. Narrow enough that I have to turn half-sideways to get past because my shoulders are wider than 19". So the effect of dark furnishings in that configuration would be to make the middle of the vanó where the walls really do close inó more like a cave. Light-colored cabinetry lessens the effect.

Besides, I've been an apartment-dweller all my adult life, and all of my apartments, from college to today, have had white interior walls. Dark-colored walls just feel weird to me.
Makes sense. I thought about the full height wardrobe and decided against it for that very reason.

Not sure how I will feel inside a cave these days. I used to be fine but we will find out when we venture over to Carlsbad Caverns later this year.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
While I do not have a dog in this race, my opinion would be to go with the dark seats and light cabinets. Why? I cannot stand fingerprints and I have owned a car with light beige leather seats- never again. Tans are good but not off white IMO. Fingerprints might show on those dark glossy cabinets. Don't know, just sayin.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:43 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodsterinfl View Post
While I do not have a dog in this race, my opinion would be to go with the dark seats and light cabinets. Why? I cannot stand fingerprints and I have owned a car with light beige leather seats- never again. Tans are good but not off white IMO. Fingerprints might show on those dark glossy cabinets. Don't know, just sayin.
Normally I would agree with both of those but in the case of the Interstate, the light colored upholstery is very easy to keep clean (maybe because it's not leather) and the dark finish does not tend to show fingerprints.