Old 09-29-2016, 09:32 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
East Hampton , Connecticut
Cracked Porch Light Lens

Hello. I recently bought a 2012 Interstate with 17000 miles. I have completed several minor repairs. Does anyone have an idea where I can get a replacement porch light lens that is broken and fills up with water? Not sure who manufactured it and cant seem to find anything like it.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:55 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Are you able to post a picture? Mine is also letting in water, not because of a crack but because the OEM bulb (before we replaced with LED) softened the plastic (partial melt) and caused it to sag at the top. I don't know if the two fixtures are the same, but if they are, tracking down a replacement is also on my to-do list.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:57 AM   #3
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Best bet would be to call the parts Department at Jackson Center.

Maggie
Old 09-30-2016, 07:40 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Mount Washington , Kentucky
Service Manual 2012 Interstate

https://www.airstream.com/wp-content...tate-parts.pdf

I think it may be part 512288 on page I-4
Old 09-30-2016, 08:07 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Thank you all. I will try to add a pic later and that should be the part number. The lens and housing is generally rectangular in shape, bowing out on the top and bottom. the plastic is very brittle and dull looking. I will have to research Jackson Center but I sure would like to identify a good parts source for this and future needs.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Westerville , Ohio
I think this is the replacement. The part number is correct. I need to order one, too. I would like to convert to an LED bulb that's bright enough. Anyone know of a good LED bulb that does the job and fits the original light housing?

http://airstreamsupply.com/Airstream...erstate-lights
Old 09-30-2016, 10:01 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Raymond , Iowa
I have a 2012 AI Lounge EXT with a cracked lens cover - and it has an LED light. So too much heat was not the cause of my cracked cover. In addition to all-the-way- through crack (that I fixed with hot glue) it has many short stress-cracks. I looked on-line for a replacement light of the same size and could not find one. I didn't want one bad enough to pay what I assumed would be a grossly-inflated Airstream price.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:04 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Westerville , Ohio
Titus--check out the link in my previous post. Only $18.60. I was shocked at the price. I expected it to be much higher as well.

(just saw that it is currently out of stock...not a good sign)
Old 09-30-2016, 10:52 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Yes. That link shows exactly what I need. I did call Airstream parts department directly and no one answered so I left a message. Also sent a resquest by email.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:39 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Might check out Super Bright LEDs.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:37 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Found It

Thank you all for your help. Airstream has not answered my call or email yet but I believe I have located the exact replacement. The manufacturer is Command Electronics, in Michigan, part #007-60E for the complete fixture. I will be contacting them directly to find out if i can buy just a few lenses.if not, I will happiiy buy the fixture so thant I dont have to completely change the unit and deal with all the problems that will lead to.

Curt
Old 10-01-2016, 07:30 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Might check out Super Bright LEDs.
On the subject of LED retrofitting generally, an advisory:

Depending on model year, some of the aftermarket products that can be adapted to existing Interstate light fixtures are stick-ons (adhesive-backed; the exception in our model year is the puck lights in the ceiling and adjustable spot-lights, which are two-pronged... I can't recall off the top how the porch fixture was configured).

The adhesives are advertised as being super strong, yada yada, and as long as the light fixture remains off, it may indeed take the strength of Atlas to pry them loose from their positions.

However, once the fixture is turned on, it heats up and the equation changes. We've had several in which the LED wafers came loose and started flopping around in their fixtures. In the case of the closet ceiling fixture, we did not notice this right away, and the LED resting up against the plastic fixture cover began to actually melt the plastic cover.

So, beware of this possibility.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:38 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS138 View Post
Thank you all for your help. Airstream has not answered my call or email yet but I believe I have located the exact replacement. The manufacturer is Command Electronics, in Michigan, part #007-60E for the complete fixture. I will be contacting them directly to find out if i can buy just a few lenses.if not, I will happiiy buy the fixture so thant I dont have to completely change the unit and deal with all the problems that will lead to.

Curt
Curt - did you ever get this light or replacement lens? I broke mine today trying to remove the lens. The plastic became very brittle after being in the sun for a few years.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:20 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
I just ordered a replacement/duplicate light fixture today through Amazon for $12.48 (shipping included). Command Electronics is asking over $20.00 for this if you order directly from them. This is the entire fixture though all I need is the lens. I think the lens itself may be Command Electronics part #89-184. Not totally certain about that and buying this lens alone is almost the same cost as buying the whole light. I can let you know if there are any problems in a few days when the light arrives.