Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2019, 07:52 PM   #81
2 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Poland , Ohio
Saw the a Hymer mobile online today. They say they are bringing it to North America.
May be worth a look.
Docevil87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:24 AM   #82
Rivet Master

Muskogee , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docevil87 View Post
Saw the a Hymer mobile online today. They say they are bringing it to North America.
May be worth a look.

Thor bought Hymer. Need I say more?
Old 10-07-2019, 07:22 AM   #83
1 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
New Bern , North Carolina
Hi Chris,
We just purchased the Atlas in July and it has one slide. We LOVE it! We have traveled from NC to Maine and just got back from the NC mountains. We are new to campers, so we are learning but love it! Our only issue now is finding others with the Atlas to help us learn more. We stayed at an airstream only park and was told because we have no rivets we would never be considered to be an owner....so sad. I guess not all airstream people love one another.
foleyx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:53 AM   #84
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by foleyx4 View Post
We stayed at an airstream only park and was told because we have no rivets we would never be considered to be an owner....so sad. I guess not all airstream people love one another.
An issue that's been going on among Airstream owners since the painted Argosy trailers was introduced in the early '70s. We, the disenfranchised include '80s squarestreams, motorhomes, B-190 vans, and Interstates; the list is lengthy, but despair not... you're in good company!
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #85
1 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
Thank you. It would just be nice to have someone know about the Atlas, so we can learn together. I got the feeling that the dealers were learning when they were giving our orientation, so it's not worth calling them for help. I guess that's the price you pay when this is only the 3rd year they have been built. We don't mind being an "outliar". As a matter of fact, my husband decided he like the "No Rivets" comment enough to have a front license plate created saying this. Only airstreamers will get it! ha
Old 10-07-2019, 02:57 PM   #86
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Quote:
Thank you. It would just be nice to have someone know about the Atlas, so we can learn together. I got the feeling that the dealers were learning when they were giving our orientation, so it's not worth calling them for help. I guess that's the price you pay when this is only the 3rd year they have been built. We don't mind being an "outliar". As a matter of fact, my husband decided he like the "No Rivets" comment enough to have a front license plate created saying this. Only airstreamers will get it! ha

So great to hear of your wonderful camping experiences. Fantastic!

Most of your coach has similar appliances and innards as others Airstreams and even other trailers and motor homes so you can learn from many. Concerning the specific Atlas questions, have you searched AirForums to see if anyone has started an Atlas specific thread? If not, start it up!

Keep us all posted with your adventures. That is an exciting coach you have! Enjoy!
Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:38 AM   #87
1 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
thank you. And yes, I have searched and haven't found any forums for Atlas. I'm new to this site, so very nervous about starting something new.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:43 AM   #88
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Hi Chris,
...We stayed at an airstream only park and was told because we have no rivets we would never be considered to be an owner....so sad. I guess not all airstream people love one another.
Which park?
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:20 AM   #89
1 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
The park in Copper Hill, Va. They were very nice, but made a point to tell us, as soon as we arrived, according to their by laws we would never be considered to buy in due to no rivets. They invited us to come back and went out of there way being nice to us....invited us to happy hour and even several people offered to drive us into town. One person even offered to purchase bread for us and I accepted. We were not looking to "buy in", just to stay at a nice quiet park with beautiful views....of which they had.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:05 AM   #90
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
The park in Copper Hill, Va. They were very nice, but made a point to tell us, as soon as we arrived, according to their by laws we would never be considered to buy in due to no rivets. ....
You have a generous definition of "nice". Other Airstream parks do not impose this restriction (they accept Airstream branded equipment, which includes all manner of historical contraptions). But looking at their stats, they are tiny and without much supporting infrastructure.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:45 AM   #91
1 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
I was wondering if other airstream parks had the same "rules". I am glad to hear they do not. As a newbie, this was our first airstream park only stay. I would love to stay at other airstream parks throughout the country, but would rather not feel like an outliar.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #92
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Quote:
thank you. And yes, I have searched and haven't found any forums for Atlas. I'm new to this site, so very nervous about starting something new.
I encourage you to start an Atlas thread. The best way to learn is by doing!

Chris
Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:46 PM   #93
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
I was wondering if other airstream parks had the same "rules". I am glad to hear they do not. As a newbie, this was our first airstream park only stay. I would love to stay at other airstream parks throughout the country, but would rather not feel like an outliar.

I live at the North Texas Airstream Community in Hillsboro TX and don’t or ever owned a aluminum riveted Airstream product even so I own 2 airstream’s.
In you particular case it is maybe a outdated requirement which was not updated.
I am for 6 years. Is member of WBCCI and never experienced anything negatively because I do not have a trailer.
So don’t be discouraged all Airstreams are welcome at all parks caravans and rallies.
PSchw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:39 AM   #94
1 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
It's nice to hear, as we are traveling west and going the southern route we may check out the airstream park there in Texas......Oh he made it very clear we were welcome to camp there, but we could never be an owner there because their by laws stated rivets only.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:04 AM   #95
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
It's nice to hear, as we are traveling west and going the southern route we may check out the airstream park there in Texas.......
There’s more than one Airstream park in Texas. I recommend Texas Airstream Harbor (TAHI) in Zavalla if you have to choose just one to visit. It has 0.6 miles of frontage on Lake Sam Rayburn (best bass fishing in Texas), plus it’s accessible to activities in the adjacent Angelina National Forest.

And this time of year, it’s exquisite. My husband and I are members. I’m sitting here typing this as dawn is breaking, not a sound except crickets, and 75 degrees with my back door open.

Here’s a pic I took last night after I strung some patio lights. Some Airstream parks such as the “rivets only” version have few amenities and no structures to go with the lots. Some have full-fledged houses on them. TAHI maintains a middle ground - a funky metal building aesthetic in which the cabanas (as they are called) provide shelter and expansion space for the lot owners. It’s primarily about the Airstream trailers and MHs but the individual structures complement them. That’s what drew me to the place - it’s an interesting concept.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	965F7D1E-546D-4612-8EF5-7D78FBCC06A5.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	335.9 KB
ID:	354289  
Old 10-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #96
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Port Angeles , Washington
Heck, my AI has aluminum and rivets...just on the inside. Ha! (But ‘pop’ rivets, so maybe they will not count those either).
Lotus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:24 AM   #97
1 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
Thank you for the info regarding the Texas Airstream Park. I am making a list ("and checking it twice"-ha!) for planning our trip to New Mexico final destination in October of 2020.....this rivet thing is ridiculous! I can't for my "No Rivets" sign that we had made for the front of our camper. I will post a photo when it arrives!
Old 10-16-2019, 07:09 AM   #98
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Just to jump in again, your reference to Virginia Highland Haven is not surprise. Over the few years I have been going there I have found most of the members(some of our club members included) to be very helpful and friendly. But, some of the people in their club running the place are less so, seemingly throwing rules and bylaws in your face. We used to have annual club rallies there, but cannot get enough reservations to routinely return for those rallies. Apparently, they are not trying to get members to vacate their sites when not in use and there are fewer vacancies being turned over to Reserve America.
They do have beautiful views and it is worth the trip, but there are some aggravations. With an Atlas, you don't want to buy in anyhow. You are not going to just park it there.

Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:03 AM   #99
1 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
Thanks Larry. That is exactly right! We are just starting out traveling. While it was beautiful there, we have the entire USA to explore!