Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
Car seat

Any advice on putting a car seat in an Lounge model? I can't find that any of the seatbelt brackets have the car seat clips hidden in them. Nor can I find a good place to put the 'over the seat back' car seat clip. (Those of you who have dealt with a car seat in the last few years know what I am talking about in the previous two sentences.) Going to give our two year old grandson his first ride with G & G.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Welcome to the forum.
There are no baby seat clips on any of the seats in the Interstate. We also have a two year old grandson, and we had to buy a booster seat, and place that on top of the second row seat. The seatbelt threads inside a clip on one side of the booster seat, and then once seated, you pull the belt across in the normal way. He likes riding up high like that.
Peter
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) is what you are talking about and Peter is right, there aren't any (at least not on my 2012). Mine was one of the first units to switch to the three point belts which yours should have (the early 2012's and prior were equipped with only lap belts ... which might actually be better for a child seat but not for a booster.) At any rate, the Recaro ProRide child seat which we have for our 2 1/2 year old daughter fits nicely and has a clamp that helps hold the belt snug ... the belts in the AI lack the locking feature that is mandatory in cars so you will need some way to hold tension on the belt. Your local fire department should be able to help you be certain the seat is installed correctly. The shocking statistic is that over 70% (some studies say over 80%) of car seats are installed incorrectly and will not protect the little ones as designed due to their improper installation. Frightening ... but then not surprising since so few people will actually read the installation instructions.
russ240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Bradenton , Florida
Some hospitals, fire stations and sheriffs office will show you how to install a car seat in any vehicle....
Mjgman is offline   Reply With Quote