Old 08-30-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
Estill Springs , Tennessee
canopener 2016

Are any Sprinters / Interstates attending Canopener 2016 in Jan?We have made reservations and just wondering if anyone is or has attended.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Gulfport , Mississippi
At last year's Canopener there were several Airstream Interstates, including one person that was towing his Airstream Trailer with his Interstate.

You may want to post this question on the 2016 Canopener thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f47/...130377-26.html

WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 06:47 PM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
I have other commitments that keep me from attending the 2016 Canopener. I'll actually be in Rayne, Louisiana for the WBCCI Mid-Winter IBT. Between the two I'd rather be at Canopener, but as Unit President I kind of have an obligation to attend the IBT so I can let my Unit know what's going on with the club.

The Airstream Interstate pulling an Airstream trailer was the entertainer who played at the potluck block party— but whose name escapes me at the moment— who pulled a brand-new unsold trailer there for Foley RV, AKA Airstream of Mississippi. I remember seeing the entertainer's logo on the side of the Interstate. There was another Airstream trailer pulled by a silver Roadtrek class B, and one black Interstate that just happened to be there at Topsail who wasn't attending Canopener and who didn't socialize with any of us.

I'll probably be back at Canopener for 2017, arriving early and leaving late just like I did for 2015. I won't be president of my WBCCI Unit anymore by then, so I won't ever have to attend another boring Mid-Winter IBT after January 2016, ever again. Yay, me!
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:33 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post

The Airstream Interstate pulling an Airstream trailer was the entertainer who played at the potluck block party— but whose name escapes me at the moment— who pulled a brand-new unsold trailer there for Foley RV, AKA Airstream of Mississippi. I remember seeing the entertainer's logo on the side of the Interstate.
Davis & Sax is the name of the entertainer that played music & sang at last year's Canopener pot luck. Davis (his first name) owns both the Intersatate and the Airtstream travel trailer that he tows behind it. He purchased the travel trailer one or two weeks before last year's Canopener. I do not know if he plans to come to this year's Canopener.
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Tallahassee , Florida
Does anyone know the dates of the 2017 Canopener? We are scheduling our 2017 unit's rally schedule and I want to avoid any conflicts with the 2017 Canopener.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:32 PM   #6
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander & Sea View Post
Davis & Sax is the name of the entertainer that played music & sang at last year's Canopener pot luck. Davis (his first name) owns both the Intersatate and the Airtstream travel trailer that he tows behind it. He purchased the travel trailer one or two weeks before last year's Canopener. I do not know if he plans to come to this year's Canopener.
Davis Hawthorne. He was also one of the entertainers at the Region 6 rally a few weeks ago. Yeah, the trailer was still brand-new at Canopener 2015, which is why I thought it was a dealer trailer.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote