Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-21-2015, 08:51 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Cable TV won't work

Booster off
Cable option chosen
Any other tips?

Thanks
Glamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
For once I can't help. I watch DVDs more than I watch TV, and I've never even hooked up cable to my Interstate.

Mark your calendars to commemorate this day, folks! For once Protag has answered, "I don't know."
Old 04-21-2015, 10:24 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamper1 View Post
Booster off
Cable option chosen
Any other tips?

Thanks
I have never tried cable with mine so don't know for sure. Usually watch a local channel or DVD if at all.

My guess is that it is somewhere in the source menu accessed on the remote.
You may need to run an auto program and select cable instead of air. Have you tried that?
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:42 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
If you are on the road (or at home and have never connected to a cable system), some older campgrounds and smaller towns did NOT switch to digital, and they are still using analog television signals.

Newer televisions may adjust to either signal type (digital or analog), but you may need to check your set-up menu to see if you are required to make this selection manually. If the digital setting doesn't work, try analog.

Note: Aspect ration for analog signal is old, square 4x3 display, instead of high-def 16x9; and it will be fuzzy due to lower resolution (usually only 360 lines). However, weak signals won't suffer from digital drop out. Instead, you'll get old-fashioned "snow" with variable degraded signal strength.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:11 AM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Did you switch the television to cable and program it???

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:21 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Presume you have tried this in several campgrounds so you know that it is not a problem with the RV park delivering the signal to your site?

If so, then maybe take your telly outside and connect with a new cable directly to the campground jack and see if it works.

If no, then the issue would seem to be within your tv - maybe you just need to run the channel setup program within the tv? We do this each time we set up and a new RV park.

If it does work when you connect directly to the jack on the camp ground post, then that would seem to indicate that you have a problem within your RV wiring.

I believe you did confirm that you have turned off the antenna booster. With our trailer, the cable does not function if, in error, you leave the booster switch on. I think you know that!

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote