Old 05-22-2007, 08:47 AM   #15

2006 22' Interstate
Waterbury , Vermont
Carolyn, you have had way more than your share of problems.

We did use the awning on our recent trip to Santa Fe and it worked well, even with rain. Nothing broke on ours but I did find the opening and closing process clunky. Once I tried to open it when there was some breeze. Bad idea! On our model the two pieces for setting up the awning (support and winder) were stored in special holders taking up a whole storage section under one couch. I bound the two with velcro and put it behind the driver's seat.

Our generator gets used mostly when we stop to make coffee in the afternoon. I am assuming that this is sufficient usage. It is amazing to me how long the tank of propane does last - even when used for heat.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
The Woodlands , Texas
I installed one of those mop holders with 5 or 6 adjustable spring loaded grippers on the inside of my clothes closet and store my crank handle as well as windshield scrubber/wiper there.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:51 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
The Woodlands , Texas
Ok just got back from a weekend trip to N.O. and when arriving at home found my bedding all wet from an unknown source. I had driven through a heavy rain storm for about 2 hours. The area in question is above the right mid-bed seat right under one of the high intensity lights in the roof. Could find no wet areas when pulling the light down a bit, which can be pulled down to inspect behind it. I'm planning on inspecting the roof later in the week, armed with some sealer, but wanted some ideas of where to start looking. Anybody else ever have any leaks after driving in a heavy rain?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Fred Sheldon
The Woodlands, TX
Old 08-23-2007, 10:41 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
The Woodlands , Texas
Ok, found source of water leak. The vent pipe for the water heater where it comes out of the roof had cracked sealer around it. Must have been hit by a low hanging limb at some time in the past. Resealed with clear sealer and all seems well now.

Fred