Old 06-20-2016, 11:43 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
2012 Interstate Coach
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
update

Thank you for all the replies - will let you know how it goes. The dealer misrepresented the vehicle in writing and is a factory dealership for a major brand. For now I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that it was a mistake and they will fix it, and therefore won't post their name at this point.

Thank you for the seatbelt links.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:06 PM   #16
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by fspeier View Post
For now I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that it was a mistake and they will fix it, and therefore won't post their name at this point.
Shouldn't post their name regardless, due to Forum rules and regulations. Specifically, from the AirForums Community Rules:
Quote:
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties.
If someone wants to know the dealer's name, and you feel like telling them, please do it by private message, not on the public Forums.

I am not a moderator, and only tell you this because I'm interested in this thread— and most others about Airstream Interstates— and don't want to see the thread closed for rules violations before your problem is resolved one way or the other.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
If the dealership misrepresented this in writing, they should be the ones locating and putting in the original parts.

Whenever would anyone remove seatbelts?

Maggie
Old 06-20-2016, 03:39 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
2012 Interstate Coach
seatbelts

Thank you for all the help.
I dont think there is a secure way to attach the upper point of a three way seat belt. Thats probably why airstream uses seats with the integrated belt. So I think I am out of luck on the second row seats short of getting real airstream seats. Waiting for a callback from the dealer to see what that runs.

I will keep the forum updated on how this goes.
Florian
Old 06-20-2016, 04:16 PM   #19

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by fspeier View Post
I dont think there is a secure way to attach the upper point of a three way seat belt. Thats probably why airstream uses seats with the integrated belt. So I think I am out of luck on the second row seats short of getting real airstream seats. Waiting for a callback from the dealer to see what that runs.
If I remember correctly, the Airstream Interstate front and second-row seats are just reupholstered Sprinter seats, mounted on swivel bases. You might want to check with a Sprinter dealer to see if you can get seats through them.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 06-20-2016, 06:20 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Here are the part numbers for the base:
Old 06-20-2016, 07:57 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Not sure how those pictured can swivel but the second row on mine are definitely not the same swivel base as the front. The seats themselves might be Sprinter seats tho as they are very comfortable like the front ones.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:58 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
The second row seats on my 2013 Interstate are not OEM Sprinter seats. They are RV seats made in USA.

- - Mike
2013 Interstate Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:12 PM   #23

2012 Interstate Coach
Follansbee , West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB_3 View Post
This should help:

https://www.airstream.com/wp-content...tate-parts.pdf

Can you take the seller to small claims court?
This is Awesome!! Where can i purchase any of these parts? Online anywhere?

Thanks

Eric Weiler
Old 06-23-2016, 10:41 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Many parts can be ordered from Airstream.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Rockwell , North Carolina
In my 2013 model the second row seats are quite different from the front seats. The seat belts are built into the seats, they are softer, they have an armrest on both sides, and the controls are different.
jerhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:02 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

Rohnert Park , California
Before you change anything, take lots and lots of photos of the unit as you got it. You'll need them if you're going to argue with the dealer and you'll definitely need them if you go to court.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:54 AM   #27

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaGuy View Post
Before you change anything, take lots and lots of photos of the unit as you got it. You'll need them if you're going to argue with the dealer and you'll definitely need them if you go to court.
Tips for forensic photography (that I learned when I took accident investigation training at the Corps of Engineers)…
Make sure you start with a new camera SD card that has no other data on it.
Date/time stamp all photos.
Start with overview pictures showing the whole van with the license plate visible and readable, then with the door open where you'll enter, then of the the interior, then gradually move in on the area in question until you're finally taking pictures of the issue in question.
Take as many pictures as you need, and don't delete any of them afterwards. Even if a picture is crappy and unusable, leave it on the SD card.
Remove the SD card when you're done and don't put any other pictures on it. You will not want any pictures on your "evidence" SD card that are not pertinent to the case.
Do not edit the photos on your computer. Every photo must be original. If a photo must be edited for clarity, make a copy on a separate SD card and then edit the copy, leaving the original as-is for comparison purposes.

Following these two tips shows a court that the pictures are of your van and enables the court to see exactly where the problem is in relation to the rest of the van. They also ensure that there is no tampering with evidence.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 07-02-2016, 11:13 AM   #28
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
2012 Interstate Coach
solar and house batteries

Forum,

thank you for the help so far.
I have a loft of parts on the way.
I am also ttrying to buy new house batteries. the solar system does not work, the charger shows 0......
so, i understand we have a lot of threads about the lithium upfgrades but that is beyond scope for now. What is the highest capacity in batteries I can fit into the stock battery box or, I am happy to buy any additional available battery boxes to hang under the rear of the van. I dont have tome to get a custom one made. It seems to me 6V agm's usually give you the best energy density- does anyone know which ones and how many fit?
As for solar panels, looks like the flexible ones are perfect: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A2D22KZJD14Y8Y
the question is how many can you fit - I am willing to give up the sat dish on the roof for space. is 3 reasonable to fit? I will pari them with an MPPT controller to replace the existing one but hopefully reuse the wiring.

Thank you all.
Florian