Old 09-08-2015, 02:03 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2016 27' Flying Cloud
Overland Park , Kansas
Originally Posted by graysailor View Post
How about the brushes? I used then for 40 years in the trucking business but have been reluctant taking my AS in there to get washed. I suppose one could ask them just to use the pressure wash and not the brushes.
The Blue Beacons I've been to do use brushes, I don't think the pressure gun alone would get the dirt and grime off my trailer, without some friction. They wet down the trailer first, then use the brushes. The correct way is to make sure the brushes don't have anything on them by washing them off first. I don't use the "citrus" aluminum brightener, I read some where it could do damage and cause leaks, and I don't want to take a chance. They charge $24.50 for my trailer, here is a link for the price list RVMotorcoach Wash Prices

Hiho Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:40 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Apparently not located in my area according to their web site. If I am in the vicinity of one and have the time might have to give them a try. The prices seem very reasonable.

WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 04:06 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Interstate
san clemente , California
Blue Beacon is far better than any other truck wash I've ever used. The Rain-ex is well worth the extra money and helps shed water for weeks. Only had one problem at the Phoenix facility they were having problems with the water purification system and had to hand dry vehicles, spoke to the president of Blue Beacon who was unaware of problem and then sent me a credit for free wash. She was very appreciative of call. Have frequently seen area managers at locations doing quality checks. Great company.
unifreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 04:31 PM   #18
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
The one I was at was done by hand, with wands, and did not have the undercarriage wash, so they may not all be the same.

As I recall, they went over the Interstate with a low pressure cleaning liquid, then high pressure.

They got it very clean, so whatever they were worked.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
2005 30' Classic
Brigham City , Utah
As the owner of a 'Big Truck'(2014 KW T660) and Flatbed, I have used BB for years. Some BB's have undercarriage washes, but not all. My experience with our Airstream is that I always request them to wash off their brushes first before using them and they are glad to do so. The RainX and citrus work really well, and I have never seen, read or heard of any adverse issues with the citrus. I have always found that they are especially thoughtful when I bring our Airstream in all over the country, and they are accommodating to special requests.
jrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:20 AM   #20
Overland Adventurer
1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
The brightener is a natural citrus based product. Been using it for years with no ill effect.

AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote