Old 02-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member
2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Livingston , Texas
My box is pre made of course in China was cheap I think I paid about $200. No swing away yet but got some ideas to do it.
My plans changed and I purchased avAS Skydeck as a full time home. The interstate is sitting inside in Chicago for sale including the box and all other modes.
The box was the biggest I found on the weight I would guess under 100 lbs. has locks and added handles. My wife and I can lift it of and on easy.
I usually took it of on the camping spot and left it there so now the rear doors could be opened. It takes a little planing what to store where but we managed well and did not miss the swing away.

PSchw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:15 AM   #30
4 Rivet Member
2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
For the money, the Stowaway2 is a great unit. I used one on my previous Navion on a 7500 mile trip and now I have one on my AS on a swing mount which allows the left door to open fully and the right door about 2/3. The AS box has also been on a 7500 mile trip and is getting ready to do another one this May. We stow all of our outdoor stuff + power cord, surge protector & hoses so we don't really need to access the rear doors.

c21bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:59 AM   #31
3 Rivet Member
2011 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
+1 on the Stowaway2. It is our hitch mounted shed. We carry our outdoor/utility gear; waterfilter, tele-steps ladder, small duffle bag with towels and bulky clothes, surge protector, power cord, hoses, duraflame logs, gas grill and spare gas cylinders, bio-packs for holding tank, small folding camp table and sun shade bungee tie-downs. In extreme conditions it can also hold 2 bodies.......I jest about the bodies. Seriously this is large enough, if it was larger it would just hold more stuff I may never use. It is NOT large enough to hold our Lafuma chairs even empty, so the chairs ride in the coach. Our stowaway will be following us in May to Sequioa/Yosemite NP.
Road Jager

Road Jager
Living On Tulsa Time
RoadJager is offline   Reply With Quote