Old 05-19-2016, 07:40 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
CAT Scales are everywhere. Once you set up the phone app, weighing your vehicle is pretty easy.

Here was our T1N a couple weeks ago:

It shows zero weight for the steer axel because there is a gate at the front of the scale and we wanted to be able to reweigh the vehicle with the left side off the scale to get the left right split as well.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:31 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB_3 View Post
CAT Scales are everywhere. Once you set up the phone app, weighing your vehicle is pretty easy.

Here was our T1N a couple weeks ago: <snip>

It shows zero weight for the steer axel because there is a gate at the front of the scale and we wanted to be able to reweigh the vehicle with the left side off the scale to get the left right split as well.
Wow that looks like a great app to have. Could you expand on how you got the weight for just one side at a CAT scale? I've done it at a moving company once in the past. But Id like to get a new weight since I've added the new batteries and inverter.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:07 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Appears that their spell check wasn't working. avaiable vs available.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:13 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
There is a gate at the front of the scale with a button for drivers to ring the attendant. But there is no need to do that if you already have an account and have downloaded their app.

In order to reweigh with two wheels off the scale we had to position ourselves before the gate. The scale is the size of a semi broken into 3 separate scales. One for the front wheels, another for the drive wheels, and the third for the trailer wheels.

The entire scale is surrounded by a large concrete pad. On the reweigh, we just parked with the left two wheels on the concrete pad.

It will make more sense when you see it.

CAT scales seem to be located at most truck stops located on Interstates. You can use their website to locate the nearest scale. Before you weigh, download their app and register your credit card. When you get on the scale, just enter the scale ID number and wait a few moments and it will show your weight. I think it was $10.50 for the first weigh and $2 for each reweigh over the next 24 hours.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:13 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Battery Upgrade

Thanks LB_3. I'm sure using the app would help. The one time I stopped at a CAT scale the call putt on was so high I couldn't reach it so I just drove through.

- - Mike
2013 Interstate Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter

Boxster1971 is online now   Reply With Quote