Old 05-28-2014, 06:48 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Well, on mine the switch has a battery symbol on it. When the power is on, the battery symbol is right-side up, and with the power off the battery symbol is tipped on its side. Seems intuitive, but it is backwards from what's shown in the owner's manual.
Don't know how I missed that since it's right at eye level. If you're standing on your head.

Glass half full or half empty to an engineer is simply a glass that was over designed.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:08 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member
2013 Interstate Coach
AA Co , Maryland
Well!!!! With all the great information here.....I stupidly let my batteries run down all the way.....Sheesh!........TWICE!!! Now after a good charge and then disconnect from shore, the battery doesn't go above 75%. AGH! I am so so mad at myself!

I don't know if I used the correct terminology but hopefully you all understood.

FromDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #17
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Poconos of Pa , Pennsylvania
What is your brand of inverter/charger? If Magnum, check their manual instructions about doing the "equalization" on the AGM batteries. You may want to call Lifeline batteries and confirm, but if you have let your batteries run down too far more than once, you probably can't get them back to 100% unless you "try"equalization. No guarantee it will work.
Bikerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #18
Rivet Master
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
When my AI was new, I also carelessly let the batteries run down twice. Happy to say the Magnum inverter/charger saved the day. I didn't have to run an equalize charge - the Magnum appears to have been able to restore the batteries just by keeping it plugged into shore power for several days. Its multi-stage charging regulates and optimizes the charge rate over a long period of time and I now have good batteries.
If you have a Tripplite, then you may be better off getting something like a CTEK Multi US 7002 - which is as smart as the Magnum.

UKDUDE is online now   Reply With Quote