Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2019, 08:12 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 19
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Thumbs up Battery Holder Wanted/Needed?

I have been doing a lot of research on Lithium drop in battery replacements and have decided the time is just not right for me. Why? Well I am just not comfortable with the changes required to do this the right way and satisfy my engineering mind set to not take short cuts.

The charging profile required for lithium is too different. Without the data to indicate that the existing charging profiles for each of the charging sources will not shorten the life of the expensive batteries would require me to change all of them. When I penciled in the cost of new alternator/regulator, inverter/charger, battery isolation and battery monitoring system, I decided that I was not ready for that. Kudos to those who have taken the plunge with a pure drop in. Very interested is real world experience after a few years. The product offerings are changing rapidly so it is pretty exciting.

Now to get to the point. I am going to add additional AGM to my coach and wish to use the same method as the factory install. I am aware of the issues with bouncing batteries on the highway due to failed attachments but believe this can be addressed. For those of you who have replaced the battery holders on your AI, do you still have them and are willing to part with them?

Truly amazing community of helpers on this forum.
swilly43 is offline   Reply With Quote