Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Rockwell , North Carolina
Bathroom Expansion Panel

In my quest to reduce the squeaks and rattles, I initially placed some Velcro strips where the metal retainer for the bathroom expansion wall meets the metal plate. That made a difference but I recently noticed that the wall will still move in at the top causing some noise. There is a retention piece at the bottom but nothing at the top to keep the wall from moving inward.

To remedy that, I scrounged through my scrap metal pieces and came up with a piece that, after some modifications, keeps the expansion wall from moving inward. I removed one of the screws that mount the metal retaining plate and attached a metal piece that has a ninety degree bend that the expansion wall fits into. Again I used some pieces of Velcro to minimize the contact noise. I also installed Velcro strips on all of the drawers, the bathroom door and the wardrobe door to make everything fit tighter and to eliminate two hard surfaces from touching. It has helped but I still have some challenges.

jerhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
I stopped mine from rattling by blocking it out/extended permanently so it can't move.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:44 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
On mine, the door doesn't rattle much while I'm driving; the door latch was what rattled! I reduced the rattle by the simple expedient of giving the bolt a downward twist after inserting it in the receiver hole so that the latch is jammed tight. I also don't have to worry anymore about the latch working itself loose so that the extension can swing open on its own (as happened a few times before I learned the trick).
Old 12-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Not sure if it made rattling better or worse, but, we removed the side panels, so that ours stays in the closed position all the time (and toilet seat can raise, since the side panels were what got in the way of that).

We saw no point, for us, in having the panel extended out. And this way, it gives us a tiny bit more room in the aisle.
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote