Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-17-2015, 05:48 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Bradenton , Florida
Awning recall

My awning came out unexpectedly a few months ago, luckily we were only going 15 mph so no damage.. After they looked at it the service advisor said that the motor was being replaced under a recall..

I looked around and couldn't find anything about a recall... If you have a chance it might be prudent to get your awning checked, I remember someone on the forums posted that theirs came out while they were on the freeway and it did a bunch of damage...

It's still not fixed but they do not want me to leave it on the lot.. I have to bring it back when the parts come in... And since the advisor is going on vacation and airstream will be closed for most of the holiday it will have to wait till after the new year... Happy holidays everyone!!
Mjgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 05:53 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
Thank you for posting. Glad you didn't have any damage.

Ron
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 12-17-2015, 07:09 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjgman View Post
I looked around and couldn't find anything about a recall... If you have a chance it might be prudent to get your awning checked, I remember someone on the forums posted that theirs came out while they were on the freeway and it did a bunch of damage...
Is that the Fiamma F65s or the Fiamma F65 Eagle auto-retract awning that has the recall? My 2012 has the F65s (with legs) that doesn't auto-retract when the wind picks up, and the motor still works just fine.

The one that opened on the freeway was the F65 Eagle, if memory serves.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Bradenton , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Is that the Fiamma F65s or the Fiamma F65 Eagle auto-retract awning that has the recall? My 2012 has the F65s (with legs) that doesn't auto-retract when the wind picks up, and the motor still works just fine.

The one that opened on the freeway was the F65 Eagle, if memory serves.

I believe it is the F65, it has legs and does not auto retract..
Mjgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:34 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
There was a wiring issue several months ago and I think it was the subject of a bulletin. Not sure if it applied to the legless or legged version. Here's what I found on the forum about it:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...ue-117617.html
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote