Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2018, 08:21 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
Do the FitRv folks offer a disclaimer indicating they are being compensated in some form? Transparency and credibility go hand-in-hand. Otherwise it’s just another “info commercial.”
The actual extent of this has never been clear to me, and, their method of administering their public presentation is unique. They gave up their previous Class B, into which they'd put a lot of DIY investment, because Winnebago agreed to custom-build a one-of-a-kind Travato for them. Both of them also promote Winnebago during biking events with paraphernalia such as racing jerseys. Typically, stuff like that doesn't happen without some form of quid pro quo. I'm never going to score a custom Class B if I simply walk into Winnebago or Airstream or any other builder. And I have zero motivation to define myself by wearing branded merchandise in promotional capacities unless I'm receiving something in return.

That being said, James has never attempted to downplay his displeasure with multiple aspects of Travato's build. He's got website entries with tag lines such as "Modifying the fridge to be the way it should have been from the factory". If he's got a continuing formal representation agreement with Winnebago, it appears to have some unconventional parameters, because most manufacturers would consider statements such as that to be contrary to a promotional objective.

Short answer - I don't really know. They don't appear to fit any of the usual moulds.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bellevue , Washington
The Bullseye system in OP"s post seem pretty cool too!

amirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Do the FitRv folks offer a disclaimer indicating they are being compensated in some form? Transparency and credibility go hand-in-hand. Otherwise it’s just another “info commercial.”

I always thought Jason and Nikki from “Gone with the Wins” tried to be upfront when they were being compensated....
Assume all the major YouTubers are getting some form of compensation. For sure FitRV and the Winns, but also Mike Wendland and his buddy Campskunk who get perks from Roadtrek.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:03 AM   #44
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Jackson Hole - Tetons , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Assume all the major YouTubers are getting some form of compensation. For sure FitRV and the Winns, but also Mike Wendland and his buddy Campskunk who get perks from Roadtrek.

Yah, the Winn’s received the use of a couple RV’s for free over the years. They’ve got some nice content posted on solar...worth a view.

But as you prob know, they’ve transitioned to new adventures on the water with their catamaran.
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:12 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Road Debris

Once while following traffic at 60 mph, I experienced a drive shaft slide out the bed of a truck which I was following. It all happened so fast and ripped through the undercarriage of the van. Impossible to avoid, and a lost generator along with other damage.
I've given up hope of ever driving to Nova Scotia without hitting at least one walloping big piece of retread. The problem is not what's already on the road, which can usually be avoided - the problem is when a rig in front of you spontaneously throws one, and you can't get out of the way in time. I believe my most recent collision was in Tennessee.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:37 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Those leveling blocks take so much space ...
We use triangular blocks that take about half the volume, since you don't have to build the other side of the pyramid. http://amzn.to/2EwBy1P You need a set of 4 (for the rear duals). Together with air ride leveling, we are OK in nearly all campings.

There was only one time, on a very steep pad (rear pitched down), that our shower declined to drain. Good lesson.

We notice the rocking sometimes, but it is non-objectionable.
TayaraTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #47
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm View Post
The Bullseye system in OP"s post seem pretty cool too!
That system has a lot of appeal to me...
  • Least expensive of all that I have seen
  • Clamp on brackets (this is now available for most systems)
  • No additional tank, pumps, hydraulic lines to have to deal with and find space for...
  • No need to worry about bleeding systems, leaking bottles, etc.
  • Only need to run electrical (same as others)
  • I can install myself and save on labor/install costs

The company has been in business since 2004 and there are several installs already that folks in the Sprinter forum have shared.

I will give them another month, or so, to see if supplier issues for their core components are resolved. Want to see the other folks, that are waiting on their systems, get them and share their install experience with the clamp-on brackets.

Maybe, in a month or so, I revisit this and move forward if all is well again with them...
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #48

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayaraTravel View Post
We use triangular blocks that take about half the volume, since you don't have to build the other side of the pyramid. http://amzn.to/2EwBy1P You need a set of 4 (for the rear duals). Together with air ride leveling, we are OK in nearly all campings.

There was only one time, on a very steep pad (rear pitched down), that our shower declined to drain. Good lesson.

We notice the rocking sometimes, but it is non-objectionable.
Thank you. Wished that I had seen those first...

The rocking is really not a big issue. But something that the leveling system (or any of these systems) I was looking at would have solved as well.

Anyway, thank you all for the feedback. Will stay put with what we have and learn how to use the blocks for now. Will give me some quality time with my wife as we team up on this
WBCCI #26769
Old 01-11-2018, 11:04 AM   #49

Orlando , Florida
Figured that I would share the response from Equalizer Systems

Quote:
Unfortunately our system is designed for the Sprinter 3500 cutaway chassis which has some minor modifications from the chassis you currently have. We are in the process of getting something developed for that chassis, once we have something I’ll make sure I get in contact with you.

Sincerely,

Fred Gallay
Equalizer Systems
(800) 846-9659 ext:331
WBCCI #26769
Old 01-12-2018, 07:01 AM   #50
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
If you start trying to do this or that under the chassis, a term that you'll probably encounter is "frame rails". Product adaptability depends a lot on the configuration of the frame rails. At least that is what I have been told by vendors.