Old 07-29-2014, 10:30 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
Davis , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
That push in to make the doors pop out sure reminds me of some 70's and 80's home stereo cabinets.
The stereo in the cab has CODE**** on the display. I'm sure this happened at some point when the battery was replaced. The code may be in a manual in the vehicle somewhere, or we may have to remove the stereo to get the code off the top of it.
On the 3rd day home, Murphy's law hit real hard. It would not shift from park (maybe they weren't pressing the brake?) and the son-in-law broke the key off in the switch...
Does a 2004 Interstate have only one battery? I know the newer ones have 2-
I have it written down somewhere but I think the code is...1234

Try it, if it doesn't work I will look for it. The dodge dealer told us. You can download the airstream manual and sprinter manual from the Internet.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:42 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
Davis , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
That push in to make the doors pop out sure reminds me of some 70's and 80's home stereo cabinets.
The stereo in the cab has CODE**** on the display. I'm sure this happened at some point when the battery was replaced. The code may be in a manual in the vehicle somewhere, or we may have to remove the stereo to get the code off the top of it.
On the 3rd day home, Murphy's law hit real hard. It would not shift from park (maybe they weren't pressing the brake?) and the son-in-law broke the key off in the switch...
Does a 2004 Interstate have only one battery? I know the newer ones have 2-
Yes, the auto battery is under the hood, the house battery is under the passenger's seat. The Jack is under the front of where the passenger put'a his feet. We looked for that puppy for a year! I think you have to have your foot on the brake for it to start--and in,park of course. It is a scissor jack. We have a kitchen and bathroom in the rear and beds in front. It had a jack knife couch in it. It was awful. We took it out, put in a hinged platform and cushions for a bed. Opposite the bed we have a dinette that makes into a second single bed. We like this layout because one of us can sleep while the other drives and we are close enough if the driver wants something the rested can fetch it. Also, I need naps and am a restless sleeper. My husband does astrophotography. I can go to sleep and he can come to bed without crawling over me. It works for us. And yes those doors are a blast from a past further back than 2004. We won't miss them.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:58 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
The not shifting from park I think turned out to be a blown fuse.
I found the jack under the floor.
I have not found a house battery under the passenger seat. There are some things stored under there like the water hose and jack handle and lug wrench.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:52 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
Davis , California
You were right. It is a bottle jack but ours fits perfectly under the floor-- so much so it was in stealth mode for a year. Good to know a blown fuse can make it not move out of park. Maybe under the fridge--there's a little storage space there or under the tall wardrobe closet, it would be tight. Otherwise, I'm stumped. Look under the passenger seat to see if it has hookups/wires for a battery. I take it this had multiple owners.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:44 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
No place for a battery under the passenger seat. Only storage access by a flap in the side of the seat base. The guy they bought it from told them it only had 1 battery, but I can't believe that. I know I have seen some Interstates with the house battery under the seat or under the floor in the same vicinity.
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 07-31-2014, 07:40 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
It's been a long time since I looked at a 2004 model, but if memory serves me well, the coach battery is located in a battery box under the roadside lounge. Try looking there.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 07-31-2014, 12:34 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I will look there.
I know there is storage for the table under there also .
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 07-31-2014, 11:49 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
Davis , California
Can you send a picture of the floor plan? Our passenger seat is fixed, no swivel, and the battery just fits under it. We bought a new one that was just a little taller and I have to have the seat up higher so it clears the battery. We added a large battery under the lounge but we had to wire it up. You should be able to find the wiring for the house battery even if they removed the battery. Really, it just doesn't work as anRV if it doesn't have a battery to run the 12 volt system.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:28 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
Davis , California
Front lounge model

The little table on the right folds down to make a platform with the back cushions on the table to make a bed. We removed the long couch and put in a platform bed. You can get to the storage area under table seating by removing the cushions and lifting off the wood. It took us a couple of years to figure out we didn't have to access the space from the doors that open on the aisle. Your battery has to be either under the seat, under a bed/seat, under the fridge or under the wardrobe closet. There isn't anywhere else it will fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream Sprinter Motorhome 007.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	602.9 KB
ID:	217958   Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream Sprinter Motorhome 002.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	542.0 KB
ID:	217959