Old 09-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
Jeff

2013 Interstate Coach
Seattle , Washington
Attwood Water Heater issue redux

2nd time around on this. Simply put: L.P. ignites on first click at sea level-L.P.won't ignite at altitude (above approx.2k feet). Model GE9 EXT. Electric works fine. Attwood Mobile doesn't respond to email inquiries and the local service center won't return phone calls. Soooo, I thought maybe someone out there knows a quick fix, if any (i.e.,how to adjust the oxygen/L.P. mix for altitude). Thanks. Jeff

Old 09-10-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
So, this tells me it's not getting enough oxygen at altitude. Personally, I'd try opening the air vents a little and see if that helps. Here's a video on how to do that. Of course, your mileage may vary, and your mother warned you not to mess with propane.

Adjusting the flame of an RV water heater - YouTube

Old 09-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
Jeff

2013 Interstate Coach
Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by drboyd View Post
So, this tells me it's not getting enough oxygen at altitude. Personally, I'd try opening the air vents a little and see if that helps. Here's a video on how to do that. Of course, your mileage may vary, and your mother warned you not to mess with propane.

Adjusting the flame of an RV water heater - YouTube
Thanks. You are on my Christmas list. Doesn't get any simpler than that! I'll include the "RV Doctor" on that same Christmas list.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Obviously, if more air makes it worse, go for less air.

Oh, boy! Between you and my wife, I'll have two lumps of coal in my stocking!!!