Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-17-2014, 08:13 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesoutlook View Post
After reading this thread I realize I made the biggest mistake of my life. I bought a black 2013 Interstate Ext with the light interior. Even though my wife and I have enjoyed our travels in Florida, it must have been hotter than we thought inside the rv. So maybe we didn't enjoy ourselves. Even though I can wash the entire rv in less than 20 minutes, it must have taken longer because it is black. Even though I own a silver 2008 a Corvette in mint condition I should have bought another silver vehicle. Maybe every vehicle we own from now on will be silver. I got to get rid of this rv before it's too late. What a disaster!!
Seriously,

I can't wash anything in 20 minutes. How you do that?
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #62
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
I think that was part of the sarcasm.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #63
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Orange County , California
Blazinga 😃
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #64
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
Lol.
Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #65
2 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Boca Raton , Florida
Cleaning requires the following equipment: telescoping microfiber wash mitt, squeegee, bucket and a good car wash soap. Break up the vehicle into 6 sections. Do not allow soap and/or water to dry onto surface. So long as you keep surface wet, squeegee can be done at the end of the wash, Use a microfiber dry cloth to finish. Between washes I use Griot's Speed Shine with a blue microfiber cloth and Griot's Spray car wash (Waterless) with green microfiber cloth. Never any swirl marks on paint. I have used these Griot products for over 6 years on my Corvette. The Corvette has never been washed the conventional way with water. The paint is showroom new. The one area of the interstate that gets dirty is the hood and that portion above the windshield. The Griot's Products are used on these sections the most. Also the Alcoa wheels are a pain. So long as dirt is kept off the wheels polishing is necessary maybe every other month.
nesoutlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:14 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
Is silver with a black interior available?
That's what's up.
I don't see why not. If I hadn't bought used, that's what I'd try to order.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #67
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Just got back from Vegas and while there took a trip to Wagon Trail RV. Great place to shop if you are in the market for a B or B+. Had Airstream, Pleasureway, Leisure Travel and even a used Roadtrek.

They had a brand new Black Airstream Interstate Ext and while gorgeous from afar, already had swirl marks up close
Old 04-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #68
2 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
AA Co , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_CA View Post
Just got back from Vegas and while there took a trip to Wagon Trail RV. Great place to shop if you are in the market for a B or B+. Had Airstream, Pleasureway, Leisure Travel and even a used Roadtrek.

They had a brand new Black Airstream Interstate Ext and while gorgeous from afar, already had swirl marks up close
Oh my gosh! That is where I purchased mine! Very nice people. If that used Roadtrek was a 2003….it was the one I traded.
FromDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #69
2 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
Davis , California
You are CRAZY!!! If you have to ask the question you already know the answer. Besides all the maintenance for a neat freak, THEY ARE HOT AS A PISTOL. call me names, but red faces hot and sweaty is NOT bad ass, just dumb ass. Ok. I have a white roof on my house and all my cars are white except the interstate which is silver but I'd buy white if I could. So I am not neutral.
DavisBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:04 AM   #70
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Tell us how you really feel lol.

Different strokes for different folks but calling People a dumb ass on your 13th post is not a way to win friends but I think you already know that.

I can tell you after traveling along with our friends in their new BLACK Interstate from San Diego to Lake Charles Louisiana, the black ones are definitely bad ass looking but do attract some of the wrong types of attention which was one of my concerns.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #71
BikerBill

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Poconos of Pa , Pennsylvania
Black always looks great while the wet sponge is still in "your hands."
Bikerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
I was surprised when I checked out a new black Roadtrek yesterday while waiting on a front-end alignment. It wasn't any hotter than mine, at least didn't feel any hotter. Maybe Roadtrek insulates better.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #73
2 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
AA Co , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
..........It wasn't any hotter than mine, at least didn't feel any hotter. Maybe Roadtrek insulates better.
I owned a Roadtrek before trading it in for my Interstate earlier this year. I traveled across the country in all types of weather conditions. One of the first things I noticed in my Interstate is I don't need to keep the heater or the air conditioner running as long as I had to with the RT. The RT in freezing weather would get colder much faster and in the hot temps, got hotter faster as well....so had to have the racket of either the heater/furnace or AC on almost constantly in the RT. What a nice change to have longer stretches in-between either having to kick back on. Very nice.
FromDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:39 PM   #74
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Good to know.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:12 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Hillsboro , Texas
Interesting. I was not sure about insulation in the AS as I did not find any and the bathroom wall get worm in the sun quickly.
Maybe the floor makes the difference/

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
PSchw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:03 AM   #76
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Bradenton , Florida
Had a white four winds Ventura before we purchased the black Interstate... I have noticed no difference in the heat... Yes black is a little harder to keep clean but it is awesome looking and it's almost stealth like at night!!! Great for those midnight cruising missions..
Mjgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:44 AM   #77
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Will be in Bradenton in early August. Maybe I'll see you.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #78
2 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
Davis , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
I'm fairly sure you would get hassled everywhere you go, because it will look just like a NSA monitoring van. This is what campers did to a van they thought was NSA, and it was even blue.

Ken

Don't those NSA folks also use white. Eckkk! What exactly made them think this was a NSA vehicle (so I don't do those things) and was this like Burning man? No can't be---there is water.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #79
2 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
Davis , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag&au View Post
it's a seniors only campground in peaceful valley.

Ken
lol
Old 07-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #80
2 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
Davis , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_CA View Post
Tell us how you really feel lol.

Different strokes for different folks but calling People a dumb ass on your 13th post is not a way to win friends but I think you already know that.

I can tell you after traveling along with our friends in their new BLACK Interstate from San Diego to Lake Charles Louisiana, the black ones are definitely bad ass looking but do attract some of the wrong types of attention which was one of my concerns.
I did not mean to offend! Answer was given in the spirit of the question, using a variation on the phrase the poster used. Maybe it was the 13th post that made me imprudent.