Old 03-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Not crazy at all... I considered a black one myself, but never having owned a black vehicle and not fond of washing the beast often it just would not work. Also I have to leave mine outside all the time. But they sure look good in black. I got mine in silver and I'm happy with my choice. Tired of my last two white vehicles...
I really like how the black windows go away. Silver is my 2nd choice, there are just so many of you

Old 03-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #16
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belbein View Post
A friend of mine, years ago, came back from his college reunion in love with an old flame. He asked me if I thought he was crazy to ditch his wife (she was number 3, I think) and take up with the newly rekindled flame. So, I gave him too pieces of advice I will pass on to you.

1. Wait six weeks--a full 42 days--and make no decision until then;
2. Ask yourself: is this something that you want to live with the rest of your life?

He's still with his wife. My suspicion is you'll come to the same conclusion. Bad ass, is, after all, only fun some times and for a while, and only gets you so far.
Good advice and exactly what I am afraid of. Once the honeymoon is over ( or 1st date) I will wish I hadn't

Old 03-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #17
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
I love black vehicles. My car and my motorcycle are black.
I don't think I would want a black Interstate, though.
Yes, it looks good, but washing it would be like washing 3 or 4 cars...
True Dat
Old 03-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #18
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
I have a black truck only because it was the only model anywhere around with the features we needed. I severely regret it, hot and a only clean for a day or two. Badass, who really notices or cares.
My truck is storm gray so stands up a little better than black.

Badass, who cares......That Would Be Me
Old 03-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #19
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdstuff View Post
The verdict is in....and.......

you ARE crazy!!!

Love the bad ass look of the black one. Saw one parked at Fiesta Island one afternoon. However, we ruled it out....way too hot. Really glad we ended up with silver.

Our dogs, who travel with us....are also glad we didn't get black. They are black dogs, and they understand how hot black stuff gets when the sun's beating on it.
Wait...Not Yet on the verdict. There are more people on here and I haven't counted the replies yet could still go either way
Old 03-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
I do not know your climate but in FL black is not a good color for heat and it lowers resale value. I argued once with a friend about this and she bought her black car anyway. The salesman told her that black and heat was a myth. She learned once it got to August it was a mistake. She lived with it for three years and said never again. Ironically, the top and hood of the car had burned filmy clear coat when she sold it. (she parked it out in a lot at her condo). I avoid black AND silver down here. Both burn clear coat finishes off no matter what brand of car too. I have seen late model Mercedes burned. Silver paint also has a visual effect-it blends into the roadway background like a hazy gray, especially in the summer at a distance. Personally I would choose Arctic White for travel.

Color is a funny thing. I remember in mid 2003 I was one of the first few hundred purchasers of the '04 Mazda RX8. I went to the dealer planning on buying a silver GT but drove away with a blue one. I do not or rather, did not like blue cars but that one was beautiful. Later it ended up that I roasted in that medium blue car. I lived with it for two years before getting a white car. What a difference!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon
I valued bad ass a few years ago. I'm finding that in my advanced age that I don't care about it any more. Becoming downright pragmatic.

How old are you and how long do you plan on keeping it?

Poppy
WBCCI #4291

Grown men don't need leaders. ~ Edward Abbey
John&Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #22
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Yes, you're crazy :-)

My truck is black and forever dirty. Inside too as Daisy is a bit of a drooler and as soon as I can clean it up, she's got it looking like it was slimed as in Ghostbusters.

I'm crazy too and love every second of it. Life is dirty and messy too. Enjoy it! :-)
Ok, another vote for black
Old 03-04-2014, 11:27 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
How many black SOBs and motorhomes do you see on the highway? -- I wonder if there's a reason...

If you lived in Phoenix, you wouldn't be asking this question. However, if you camp in cooler climes; enjoy.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
I'm lucky enough to have an Interstate dealer who is also a Mercedes Benz dealer (in Phoenix), and whenever I have any work done, they give me a C250 loaner in one of the standard colors - white, silver or black. I know I should be overjoyed to get a free C250 for however long it takes (they don't rush me in any way to return it), but whenever they give me a black C250, I groan since its always HOT inside for the first 20-30 minutes.

By the way, what's the English translation of "Bad ass"? Naughty bottom??
Old 03-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #25
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdmaestro View Post
I valued bad ass a few years ago. I'm finding that in my advanced age that I don't care about it any more. Becoming downright pragmatic.

How old are you and how long do you plan on keeping it?

Poppy
Logic and reason will probably rule here. FYI I generally keep cars a long time, houses, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
How many black SOBs and motorhomes do you see on the highway? -- I wonder if there's a reason...

If you lived in Phoenix, you wouldn't be asking this question. However, if you camp in cooler climes; enjoy.
I hear you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodsterinfl View Post
I do not know your climate but in FL black is not a good color for heat and it lowers resale value. I argued once with a friend about this and she bought her black car anyway. The salesman told her that black and heat was a myth. She learned once it got to August it was a mistake. She lived with it for three years and said never again. Ironically, the top and hood of the car had burned filmy clear coat when she sold it. (she parked it out in a lot at her condo). I avoid black AND silver down here. Both burn clear coat finishes off no matter what brand of car too. I have seen late model Mercedes burned. Silver paint also has a visual effect-it blends into the roadway background like a hazy gray, especially in the summer at a distance. Personally I would choose Arctic White for travel.

Color is a funny thing. I remember in mid 2003 I was one of the first few hundred purchasers of the '04 Mazda RX8. I went to the dealer planning on buying a silver GT but drove away with a blue one. I do not or rather, did not like blue cars but that one was beautiful. Later it ended up that I roasted in that medium blue car. I lived with it for two years before getting a white car. What a difference!
I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDUDE View Post
I'm lucky enough to have an Interstate dealer who is also a Mercedes Benz dealer (in Phoenix), and whenever I have any work done, they give me a C250 loaner in one of the standard colors - white, silver or black. I know I should be overjoyed to get a free C250 for however long it takes (they don't rush me in any way to return it), but whenever they give me a black C250, I groan since its always HOT inside for the first 20-30 minutes.

By the way, what's the English translation of "Bad ass"? Naughty bottom??
How lucky can you get. A MB loaner doesn't make the pain of having to take your AI in for service completely go away, but it sure helps.

To me "Bad Ass" means Super Nice or over the top
Old 03-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #26
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDUDE View Post
By the way, what's the English translation of "Bad ass"?
You mean the politically correct way to say it? A G-rated version— using an alternate definition of "ass"— might be "Impudent Donkey."

A politically incorrect way that will get past TV censors might be "Satanic Sphincter."

Both of them sound like the names of smugglers' ships in a Star Wars rippoff.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Laramie , Wyoming
TV's 9 years old now, a black DMAX. Still like it and it really sets off the look of the AS going down the road. I keep it looking good between washes with a "California Car Duster".
Santana tandem bike
WBCCI # 4181 VAC member
Antique Pedaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Hanalei, /Chino Valley , Hawaii / Arizona
You could go for the BAD ASS BLACK. Then if it turns out too hot, paint the top and hood light silver for better heat reflection and a truly unique two toned look.
Check out Chip Foose's customs, he is a master of the look.
Cheers Richard