Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Missouri Valley , Iowa
About 10 pm on the evening of August 6, 2018 I posted a problem here on Airforums that I have with my bathroom exhaust fan. The handle broke. The next morning at 8:22 I received a reply from Airstream, Inc. They needed my VIN to process my request for a repair. Today at 7:58 am I received a reply that a fan handle was being shipped to me !!! Jeremy Allen, Customer Support Rep, was my contact person this morning. This is the second warranty claim I've had. Both were VERY positive. I'm a happy customer !!!

Dan
Farmer Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:41 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

We found calling very helpful. They even put a technician on the line to talk us through some power issue diagnostics.
camlivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:54 AM   #23
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
Someone reported that the canned response is a third party vendor, and Airstream never see's your query.
Hi Mollysdad,

Yes, we are an agency that works with Airstream to monitor this forum. All information requested and messaged does get passed on to Airstream's Technical Support and Customer Service team. If you ever need assistance, please feel free to send us a private message.

Thank you.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:56 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thumbs up

Thank you for clarifying the process.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:00 AM   #25
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
The answer I received was useless. It gave me a number to call that yielded no useful information.
Hi Pahaska,

If you need assistance, please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

Thank you.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #26
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeno View Post
I, too, am waiting for a reply from Customer Service.

Submitted an issue with pulsing pressure in water pump, and the (possible) failure of the check valve. I know they're busy, and I did include a comment that the dealer does not call back. I just entered the second year of the "new" 2-year warranty, and still have not solved the challenge of getting help...other than the forums and "online" neighbors." If I could have a tech bulletin and replacement part (if required) I could do the repairs and not need to ask the dealer.
Hi Deeno,

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

Thank you.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
AirstreamInc thank you very for your response to the question of who you are.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
One thing AS needs to do is change phone to repair dept. ie serv. When I called to get estimate for repair and set appointment to repair damage, was placed on hold then told first in line to be answered then disconnected, this happened many times before finally reaching repair. Chris and Artie both very up on things and pleasant. Had repairs done July 16 to18 2018. When there both very friendly and up to date. Tech Greg also very friendly and skilled in repair. Fixed other things also. Very happy with serv. but corp. needs to look at phone prob. as very frus. to have to call numerous times before finally reaching repair serv. live person. this prob. was not because of busy, but phone programming. # called was 877 596 6111 don't remb. ext. I can explain this prob. to customer serv. in detail as to what happened.
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Clayton , Georgia
I've found AS customer service to be quite helpful. I e-mailed them about a month ago about two minor issues that I wanted to take care of myself rather than towing the trailer to the dealer and having it sit there.

One of the little black plastic caps that go over the screw heads on the window hardware (window hinges, props, etc. - ten black plastic caps per movable window) had broken off. Also wanted the Zip Dee door wheel that prevents the Airstream door from dragging on the awning if it's less than fully deployed.

After exchanging some e-mails to clarify what black plastic caps I wanted they sent me a half dozen of them, as well as the Zip Dee part, all at no charge.

~erik~
TV: 2017 Ford F250 Lariat w/ Blue Ox Sway Pro
AIRForums #126944 WBCCI #1297
Baby Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi Mollysdad,

Yes, we are an agency that works with Airstream to monitor this forum. All information requested and messaged does get passed on to Airstream's Technical Support and Customer Service team. If you ever need assistance, please feel free to send us a private message.

Thank you.

Thanks for that information! You have been helpful to myself and others here in the past.

Do you monitor other Airstream forums? If so, which ones?
Old 08-09-2018, 06:46 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Gee, I have picked up the phone and talked directly to Airstream customer service as well as via email. They even sent me materials at no charge (during warranty) to make repairs since I was located so far from a dealer at the time. And I actually met the same CS rep when I visited JC later on. I don't understand what the communication problem is?
My experience has been the same.
I have always received responses from customer service.
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:25 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Customer Support

I had a few questions I called and they were answered

We had some minor warranty items called sent a follow up email got a assigned rep who is working with us the factory and our dealer

Had a red plastic tip for the awning rod that was torn they mailed us a replacement

Nothing is perfect but so far we're being treated better than we ever imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Gee, I have picked up the phone and talked directly to Airstream customer service as well as via email. They even sent me materials at no charge (during warranty) to make repairs since I was located so far from a dealer at the time. And I actually met the same CS rep when I visited JC later on. I don't understand what the communication problem is?
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:23 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Lenoir City , Tennessee
Farmer Dan: my last email of August 3 was directly to Jeremy Allen. Week later, no response. You must have an inside track!
WBCCI - #4335
2005 Diesel Excursion
2008 31' Custom Classic "Moonshine"
2016 Interstate "BugOut"
kfrere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:52 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Missouri Valley , Iowa
That seems unusual. I wasn't even trying to get a response from the AS factory. I was going for a simple DIY fix on the handle. I guess it's a hit and miss contact system. I'm not usually on ANYONES inside track !!!

Dan
Farmer Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Renton , Washington
I sent Airstream Customer Support an email last weekend and got a response this morning. Since it wasn’t a time critical question, their response time was okay. I could always call if needing a quicker response.
Wconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:59 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrere View Post
Farmer Dan: my last email of August 3 was directly to Jeremy Allen. Week later, no response. You must have an inside track!

Keep in mind that a lot of folks take vacations at this time of year.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:15 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Lenoir City , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Keep in mind that a lot of folks take vacations at this time of year.

They vacation for a month? My emails started early July. I still work full time so the time I spend trying to deal with this by phone is very valuable time to me, and the fact that I will have to take at least 3 days off work to travel to JC a second time to deal with this same issue is frustrating.

The problem I am having (sliding door/screen door) is very familiar to AS. If their response is simply that they will re-install the screen door now that I’ve had the sliding door hinges repaired at my expense ($348) then we will be right back where we started.

Maybe that’s why I’m not getting a response? Because there is no fix to this problem?
WBCCI - #4335
2005 Diesel Excursion
2016 Interstate "BugOut"
Old 08-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #38
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrere View Post
They vacation for a month? My emails started early July. I still work full time so the time I spend trying to deal with this by phone is very valuable time to me, and the fact that I will have to take at least 3 days off work to travel to JC a second time to deal with this same issue is frustrating.

The problem I am having (sliding door/screen door) is very familiar to AS. If their response is simply that they will re-install the screen door now that I’ve had the sliding door hinges repaired at my expense ($348) then we will be right back where we started.

Maybe that’s why I’m not getting a response? Because there is no fix to this problem?
Hi kfrere,

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

Thank you.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:52 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Lenoir City , Tennessee
Dear Airstream:

Actually, I sent my entire VIN to Jeremy Allen in a prior email.

Forum members: It is not my intent to use this forum as my "secretary" for communicating with AS, but, it not only gets a response (at least from this customer service provider), it also shows the forum my frustrations in communicating about this issue.
WBCCI - #4335
2005 Diesel Excursion
2016 Interstate "BugOut"
Old 08-15-2018, 08:05 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
I've found AS customer service to be quite helpful. I e-mailed them
No one is disputing that AS customer service is good.
My contention was that the service that posts here is not AS Customer service. They are not. I have no idea if they're helping or not since I've never used them. I was just curious what percentage of the customers who followed up with them got a reply from Airstream. 10%? 99%?

What they do well is to make us all believe, "Airstream cares".
(and that's not a bad thing in itself.....unless it stops there.)
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote