Old 07-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Orange County , California
Hello MILATV,

I was joking about the M4. With your training and background, all you need are your thumbs
David

Old 07-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #16
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
Got the RV loading it up. Hope for an overnight in the driveway later this week. Ill post my final list once I get it loaded. Thanks to everyone for the tips.

Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILATV View Post
Got the RV loading it up. Hope for an overnight in the driveway later this week. Ill post my final list once I get it loaded. Thanks to everyone for the tips.
Lol, here we are driveway camping with our black lab before we went out for our first trip. Have fun!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2180534018.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	432.8 KB
ID:	191485
Old 07-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
MILATV, before you get the TPMS that's on your Amazon list, be aware that the rear inside wheels have flexible air fill tubes. I read on this forum that this may fail from the added weight of the screw-on sensor. Also, I've added the bear spray to my list. I've been thinking of getting that 😃 I've also been looking for a cell phone extender and will take a look at the one on your list. Thanks for the leads and have a great trip.
David
Old 07-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #19
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILATV View Post
So - update: I started an Amazon List for anyone else that is looking. I'm sure I have LOTS of stuff that I'll never buy or actually need; but I add it to the list so I can find it again later!

Amazon.com: Mike Jackson: Airstream Interstate Camping
Some of my suggestions, all from Amazon so it's easier to add to your list if you want (I've got each item I list here, but don't use or even carry every item on every trip)…

For when my Verizon MiFi needs a boost, a magnet-mount antenna I can put up on the roof…
Amazon.com: Novatel Verizon 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4510L external antenna and antenna adapter cable 5db: Cell Phones & Accessories

An essential for any Interstate…
WeatherTech Custom Fit Front Side Window Deflectors for Dodge Sprinter, Light Smoke : Amazon.com : Automotive

A versatile and easily packable grill…
Amazon.com : Cobb CB220 Premier Kitchen-In-A-Bag : Freestanding Grills : Patio, Lawn & Garden

A holder for the shower nozzle on my external shower; just use the suction cup to stick it to the side window…
LDR 520 2433C 2-In-1 Permanent or Suction Showerhead Wall Mount, Chrome - Amazon.com

A shade to extend my awning, when I don't want to pack my Fiamma Privacy Room…
Amazon.com: RV Awning Shade Net Complete Kit 8' X 12' (Black): Everything Else

An OBDII Code Scanner…
Innova 3130c Diagnostic Code Scanner with Fix Assist for OBDII Vehicles : Amazon.com : Automotive

A reasonably weather-resistant place to store my electric bike on-site…
YardStash II: Outdoor Bike Storage, Garden Storage and Pool Storage - Amazon.com also good for those who tire of sliding stuff under the van to keep it out of the way.

A good-quality bike rack that still lets me open the rear doors with the bikes removed…
Amazon.com: Swagman XTC Cross-Country 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack (1.25 and 2-Inch Receiver): Sports & Outdoors

Individual outlet switches, so I can selectively turn off things without their own built-in switches (like patio lights) without unplugging them…
Amazon.com : Belkin Conserve Power Switch : Electronics
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Another handy thing I found was a plug-in 3 outlet plus 2 USB outlets for charging the myriad of devices we carry w/ us. Some have even replaced one of the outlets w/ one that includes USB outlets.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Wasp spray. Never tried it on bears; hope never to have the chance. But an excellent alternative to Mace, with a range about equal to your Airstream's length, and it won't poke holes in the Airstream if you miss (not everyone can hit the 10-ring consistently with a firearm). Plus, no jurisdiction in the United States classifies it as a weapon with regard to ownership and transport; it's a common household item, that only becomes a weapon if you use it as such. And best of all, it still works on insects as well as perps.
Wasp spray is a neuro-toxic. Not a defense spray. Bear spray is regular pepper spray on steroids.

God forbid you should have to use either in defense, but the wasp spray is very likely to cause permanent damage. I don't think anyone hear would recommend throwing acid in the face of an attacker, but it's in the same category.

Please, reserve the wasp spray for wasps and opt for the bear spray for defense.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #22
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by jquayle View Post
Wasp spray is a neuro-toxic. Not a defense spray. Bear spray is regular pepper spray on steroids.

God forbid you should have to use either in defense, but the wasp spray is very likely to cause permanent damage. I don't think anyone hear would recommend throwing acid in the face of an attacker, but it's in the same category.

Please, reserve the wasp spray for wasps and opt for the bear spray for defense.
I don't want to turn this into an off-topic debate, especially one that tends to polarize folks…

But you do bring up a valid point that deserves an answer. One must decide, in advance when there's adequate time to consider the situation, just how far one is willing to go in defense of one's life or property. In the heat of the moment is the wrong time to be thinking about it.

If you choose a less harmful defense option, I've got nothing but respect for you. I just can't make the same decision. Maybe because I've been a victim of violent crime before, and I remember being afraid I would die.

I'm not concerned about compassion when defending my life. Anyone who breaks into my Airstream while I'm in it is a threat to my life, and I will respond with whatever I have available with enough force to make sure I'm the one who walks away. I'm well aware that wasp spray is no better and no worse than shooting an assailant with a gun.

But I'd still rather not be given the opportunity to put it to the test.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Advice from a Friend

Submitted with apologies to a serious question:

Question from a newbie RVer: I am all thumbs and not handy at all mechanically. What tools should I carry in my new coach?

Answer: You only need three tools....a checkbook, a credit card and a roll of cash!!

Air #42313 TAC VA-7 WBCCI #1290
gsmithii is offline   Reply With Quote