Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
A welcome to Avenue owners

As a fellow owner, I extend a warm welcome to all other Avenue owners. Please feel free to post here or on the regular b van forum.
RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2011 Avenue Coach
Rancho Cucamonga , California
RRR,

Good to see another Avenue owner on Air Forums, for a minute I thought I was the only one. I posted a thread with some issues with my 2011 Avenue on the Airstream Motorhome Forums, here is the link FYI:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f156...nge-94110.html
Brad1775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
I found out the past weekend that Foley RV Center (AKA Airstream of Mississippi) came into existence because of the Airstream Avenue.

A few years ago, Airstream sent out correspondence to Chevrolet dealers inquiring whether they would be interested in selling the Avenue through the dealerships. Due to the way title is transferred, though, when Airstream procured the Chevy vans to make the Avenues, they were listed as sold in Chevrolet's database, and the dealers would have to sell them as "used" rather than as new vehicles, so it wouldn't have worked out.

But Rick Foley, part owner of Turan Foley Chevrolet, who is also an Airstream owner in his own right, also had another piece of property alongside the car dealership, and thought that he could make a business out of selling Airstreams (not just Avenues) on that property. The rest is history. He doesn't JUST sell Airstreams, but he does sell a lot of Airstreams, and has an excellent service department. I bought my Interstate there.

So, thanks to the Airstream Avenue for giving us a great Airstream dealer on the Gulf Coast.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1775 View Post
RRR,

Good to see another Avenue owner on Air Forums, for a minute I thought I was the only one. I posted a thread with some issues with my 2011 Avenue on the Airstream Motorhome Forums, here is the link FYI:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f156...nge-94110.html
Good to hear from you. When I first joined, I read your posts regarding your Avenue. You are the fellow who installed a resonator on the gen exhaust, correct.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I found out the past weekend that Foley RV Center (AKA Airstream of Mississippi) came into existence because of the Airstream Avenue.

A few years ago, Airstream sent out correspondence to Chevrolet dealers inquiring whether they would be interested in selling the Avenue through the dealerships. Due to the way title is transferred, though, when Airstream procured the Chevy vans to make the Avenues, they were listed as sold in Chevrolet's database, and the dealers would have to sell them as "used" rather than as new vehicles, so it wouldn't have worked out.

But Rick Foley, part owner of Turan Foley Chevrolet, who is also an Airstream owner in his own right, also had another piece of property alongside the car dealership, and thought that he could make a business out of selling Airstreams (not just Avenues) on that property. The rest is history. He doesn't JUST sell Airstreams, but he does sell a lot of Airstreams, and has an excellent service department. I bought my Interstate there.

So, thanks to the Airstream Avenue for giving us a great Airstream dealer on the Gulf Coast.
You know I find that very interesting.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
You know I find that very interesting.
Rick Foley tells the story a lot better than I do.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Rick Foley tells the story a lot better than I do.
I may find an opportunity to speak to him sometime.