Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite
 
2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 46
A welcome to Avenue owners

As a fellow owner, I extend a warm welcome to all other Avenue owners. Please feel free to post here or on the regular b van forum.
__________________

__________________
RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member
 
2011 Avenue Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10
RRR,

Good to see another Avenue owner on Air Forums, for a minute I thought I was the only one. I posted a thread with some issues with my 2011 Avenue on the Airstream Motorhome Forums, here is the link FYI:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f156...nge-94110.html
__________________

__________________
Brad1775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,300
I found out the past weekend that Foley RV Center (AKA Airstream of Mississippi) came into existence because of the Airstream Avenue.

A few years ago, Airstream sent out correspondence to Chevrolet dealers inquiring whether they would be interested in selling the Avenue through the dealerships. Due to the way title is transferred, though, when Airstream procured the Chevy vans to make the Avenues, they were listed as sold in Chevrolet's database, and the dealers would have to sell them as "used" rather than as new vehicles, so it wouldn't have worked out.

But Rick Foley, part owner of Turan Foley Chevrolet, who is also an Airstream owner in his own right, also had another piece of property alongside the car dealership, and thought that he could make a business out of selling Airstreams (not just Avenues) on that property. The rest is history. He doesn't JUST sell Airstreams, but he does sell a lot of Airstreams, and has an excellent service department. I bought my Interstate there.

So, thanks to the Airstream Avenue for giving us a great Airstream dealer on the Gulf Coast.
__________________
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite
 
2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1775 View Post
RRR,

Good to see another Avenue owner on Air Forums, for a minute I thought I was the only one. I posted a thread with some issues with my 2011 Avenue on the Airstream Motorhome Forums, here is the link FYI:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f156...nge-94110.html
Good to hear from you. When I first joined, I read your posts regarding your Avenue. You are the fellow who installed a resonator on the gen exhaust, correct.
__________________
RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite
 
2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I found out the past weekend that Foley RV Center (AKA Airstream of Mississippi) came into existence because of the Airstream Avenue.

A few years ago, Airstream sent out correspondence to Chevrolet dealers inquiring whether they would be interested in selling the Avenue through the dealerships. Due to the way title is transferred, though, when Airstream procured the Chevy vans to make the Avenues, they were listed as sold in Chevrolet's database, and the dealers would have to sell them as "used" rather than as new vehicles, so it wouldn't have worked out.

But Rick Foley, part owner of Turan Foley Chevrolet, who is also an Airstream owner in his own right, also had another piece of property alongside the car dealership, and thought that he could make a business out of selling Airstreams (not just Avenues) on that property. The rest is history. He doesn't JUST sell Airstreams, but he does sell a lot of Airstreams, and has an excellent service department. I bought my Interstate there.

So, thanks to the Airstream Avenue for giving us a great Airstream dealer on the Gulf Coast.
You know I find that very interesting.
__________________
RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
Figment of My Imagination
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
You know I find that very interesting.
Rick Foley tells the story a lot better than I do.
__________________
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite
 
2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Rick Foley tells the story a lot better than I do.
I may find an opportunity to speak to him sometime.
__________________

__________________
RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.