Old 01-21-2016, 05:43 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2009 22' Interstate
Boylston , Massachusetts
2nd Row Seating

I have a question about the 2nd row seating (behind driver and front passenger) in a 2009 Airstream Interstate. I'd like to remove one of these temporarily so that I can load something into the side door to move it.

It looks like these are held into the floor by four bolts- Are these simply lag bolted into the floor or are there nuts underneath somewhere?

Old 01-21-2016, 07:24 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneebot View Post
I have a question about the 2nd row seating (behind driver and front passenger) in a 2009 Airstream Interstate. I'd like to remove one of these temporarily so that I can load something into the side door to move it.

It looks like these are held into the floor by four bolts- Are these simply lag bolted into the floor or are there nuts underneath somewhere?
If memory serves they are through-bolted, and they will be difficult to access from underneath due to the placement of the freshwater tank on the driver's side and the blackwater tank on the passenger side.

Depending on the size of what you want to move, it may be better to make the bed out into a bed, then put a mover's blanket and/or a sheet of plywood over the bed to protect it, and load the item through the back doors.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
You could loosen one bolt to see if Airstream used a captive type nut.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:22 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Muskogee , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneebot View Post

The second row seats can be easily removed (I witnessed this when mine was in for a shower replacement in my 2011, which has the same design as the 2009 model). If my memory serves me correctly, there are plastic caps on the the four bolts which hold the seat in with nuts that are below the floor line. The bolts can be removed, but the nuts become loose, and are easy to lose in the space they occupy once free from the bolts if you are not careful. They do not go through the floor panel but the nuts are held in place with a steel bracket under the floor. If you are careful to secure the nuts after the bolts are removed so they don't move and get lost under the steel panel you shouldn't have a problem.