Old 06-03-2016, 09:14 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Evansville , Indiana
2nd row cup holders for 2011 AI

I did a forum search and didn't find much on this subject. I don't know if the newer AI's have built in cup holders for the 2nd row passengers but our 2011 does not. I do have a console that goes between the two front seats and has rear cup holders but it is a long reach for seat belted passengers. Does anyone have suggestions for places (and method) to mount "no spill" cup holders, especially on the curb side with the sliding door? I'd like them to be out of the way as much as possible but be within easy reach. Thanks

Old 06-03-2016, 09:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
I used these from Amazon because I couldn't find anything like AS used. The arms are adjustable by clicks and will hold a McDonald's big cup when spread out.

Since I've installed an intermediate stop on the slider, there's no problem w/ leaving the cupholder open when opening slider.

Camco 44044 Adjustable Drink Holder (Black)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1410813571341.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	263806   Click image for larger version

Name:	1410813571151.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	263807  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1410813571545.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	263808  

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:36 PM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntAsphalt View Post
I did a forum search and didn't find much on this subject. I don't know if the newer AI's have built in cup holders for the 2nd row passengers but our 2011 does not. I do have a console that goes between the two front seats and has rear cup holders but it is a long reach for seat belted passengers. Does anyone have suggestions for places (and method) to mount "no spill" cup holders, especially on the curb side with the sliding door? I'd like them to be out of the way as much as possible but be within easy reach. Thanks
If you also install a stop on the sliding door so it can't open all the way, you could mount a cup holder on the door. But as long as the door can slide all the way open, there's not enough clearance between the inside of the open door and the outside of the van for a cup holder to fit.

One thing you could do is go movie theater style and mount cup holders on the seat armrests on the aisle side. If you use gimballed cup holders (available at West Marine, Bass Pro, and other places that sell boating equipment) then the armrests could even still swivel with a drink in the holder.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:13 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
I took a different approach to this issue in our Interstate because I wanted more versatility than what one or more fixed cup holders could provide. Here in the hot and sticky southern U.S., we spend a lot of our time nursing a drink. I don't mean an adult beverage - I mean something to replace the water we are constantly losing to sweat. So my solution was to adapt a device that I could move from place to place as needed, depending on what I was doing. By this time, I've driven around with this thing hanging all over the inside of our Interstate, with no spills. Blog post:

OVERSIZED CUP HOLDER FOR THE AIRSTREAM INTERSTATE
Old 06-04-2016, 07:01 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Evansville , Indiana
Thanks for the ideas

I appreciate all your suggestions. I knew you guys would have it figured out!