Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-27-2019, 05:45 AM   #81
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Some people complained, but HOA found they could do nothing about it because they are parked on the streets, controlled by the county, which allows parking vans on the street. ......
Similar story here. When I inquired with our local police, they told me that if the van is (a) inspected, (b) registered, and (c) is moved at least once every 24 hours, then it is allowed to be parked on the street.

Even if the HOA's rules are legally enforceable with respect to the street, the police consider it such a minor matter in the face of more urgent crimes that they don't foresee getting around to dealing with it.

That being the case, I sometimes park for up to a week at a time in our driveway when I'm getting ready for a trip, but most of the time, we keep our van in an off-site storage unit. The HOA hasn't pressed it. They could force me onto the street, but my neighbors would hate that, and they know it.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 07:06 AM   #82
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Alex, I like how you so matter-of-factly state " . . . I only had to punch out the rear wall a few feet to accept the length. . . "

That would be a very big deal for me.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 07:18 AM   #83
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhayesas View Post
Worth a watch and no new info.

Good video. Thanks
Old 07-27-2019, 08:29 AM   #84
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2019 ​Interstate Nineteen
Prince George , Virginia
I spoke to HOA representative he said he did not hear anything , he did not say anything, and I high five him LOL.
mcintoshMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:36 AM   #85
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Prince George , Virginia
I have a quick question, please forgive if I post it in the wrong place. Could I fill the LP at say 50 % or do station has to bleed out the rest before filling and do I have to tell the station what is the 19 AI tank capacity, I have not going through the manual just yet? Thank you.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:43 AM   #86
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Prince George , Virginia
I used to live in Catonsville, MD, Ellicott City was an old stomping ground for me.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:09 AM   #87
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshMD View Post
I have a quick question, please forgive if I post it in the wrong place. Could I fill the LP at say 50 % or do station has to bleed out the rest before filling and do I have to tell the station what is the 19 AI tank capacity, I have not going through the manual just yet? Thank you.
You don't need to know the precise LP tank capacity to get it filled. There is a bleed valve near the fill port. The LP tech uses it to release pressure when filling and when full a little liquid LP drips out - they then know it's full.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #88
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Alex, I like how you so matter-of-factly state " . . . I only had to punch out the rear wall a few feet to accept the length. . . "

That would be a very big deal for me.
ROWIEBOWIE - My bad. I probably should've added I only did the planning and managed the project. My cycling buddies who work in the construction industry had crews that I gladly paid to do all the heavy lifting. The area was already pre-framed for a rear opening, so no load bearing walls were touched.

Quote:
I spoke to HOA representative he said he did not hear anything , he did not say anything, and I high five him LOL.
MCINTOSHMD - I think your HOA is taking the "we will ignore this" approach & hope no one complains. Me thinks this means All good for you.

Quote:
They can fill to 80% before it bleeds out and they stop the fill.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:58 AM   #89
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Prince George , Virginia
I would like to share the picture of my 2020 Ai 19, how do I post it? It keep asking me for the http:// ??
Old 07-28-2019, 03:03 AM   #90
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Prince George , Virginia
Problem report: after 24 hours in my backyard:
1. The house battery is low, the disconnect battery switch always in the down position , no matter what I did.
2. one of the CZONE control panel went off line, the second one told me to check the power?? It has power but only show the blank screen.
I'm so happy I bought extra warranty on this jewel.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:15 AM   #91
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
1. The house battery is low, the disconnect battery switch always in the down position , no matter what I did.
2. one of the CZONE control panel went off line, the second one told me to check the power?? It has power but only show the blank screen.
Sadly - you need to keep your Airstream plugged in. Depending on what you have turned on in your rig the miserable solar system Airstream installs on these ex$pensive gigs is not adequate to keep your house battery topped off.

With all these systems like the inverter, CZONE and Fusion radio the parasitic drain on batteries is more than solar can provide.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:39 PM   #92
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
MCINTOSHMD - Park it under full sun during day, plug into shore power at night, turn off every parasitic load while parked, also install Fusion kill switch to prevent draining chassis batt. Mine is plugged in 24x7 when parked, even if all batts disconnected. If your unit has AGS, set to turn on when batt goes low.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:48 AM   #93
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Prince George , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
MCINTOSHMD - Park it under full sun during day, plug into shore power at night, turn off every parasitic load while parked, also install Fusion kill switch to prevent draining chassis batt. Mine is plugged in 24x7 when parked, even if all batts disconnected. If your unit has AGS, set to turn on when batt goes low.
I drove around town and came back home that charge up the house battery nicely, what is Fusion switch?
Old 07-29-2019, 08:53 AM   #94
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Prince George , Virginia
What is the rattle noise that come from the direction of the galley on my 2020 AI 19? It scares my dog. Anyone has experience or remedy for tis?
Old 07-29-2019, 09:19 AM   #95
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
What is the rattle noise that come from the direction of the galley on my 2020 AI 19? It scares my dog. Anyone has experience or remedy for tis?
Just speculating here based on chasing rattles in my own rig (not a new Shorty). Check that the stove burners are secure, the glass lid has all it's rubber pads, them maybe pull out a drawer to look underneath the stove. In mine, I found the copper propane line was resting too close to the underside of the stovetop and vibrated against it when driving over bumps. I merely pulled it down a bit to flex it away from anything it could bounce against.

As far as your batteries go, don't assume the charge brought them back for good. It very well may have, but we hear a lot of tales of new units delivered with batteries already damaged by misuse or neglect between the factory and the new customer. Regardless, it is a new warranty issue to be rectified between the dealer and either Airstream or the battery manufacturer.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:53 AM   #96
1 Rivet Member

2019 19' Tommy Bahama
2018 Atlas
Santa Monica , California
Now I'm confused about adequate power. Does the new Nineteen have enough house battery power for even one full night using A/C, M/W, heat pump, etc without plug-in? I would likely be driving daily so as long as that is enough to charge the batteries for another night.
dzimm247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:18 PM   #97
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzimm247 View Post
Now I'm confused about adequate power. Does the new Nineteen have enough house battery power for even one full night using A/C, M/W, heat pump, etc without plug-in? I would likely be driving daily so as long as that is enough to charge the batteries for another night.
Simple answer is No. None of the stock Airstream Interstate models have enough battery capacity to run any of the items you listed overnight or even for a few hours.

To do what you have asked requires being plugged into external power or running the generator. The generator can only power the A/C and not much else.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:36 PM   #98
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
I drove around town and came back home that charge up the house battery nicely, what is Fusion switch?
MCINTOSHMD - the kill switch is just physical external dash mounted switch that kills power to Fusion Infotainment system. Fusion draws lots of juice from both banks and known to drain batts. coz it really never turns off. Many here, including other rv makes install the kill switch. I assumed thats still used on 2019 units. If not, please disregard coz does not apply.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:38 AM   #99
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzimm247 View Post
You describe the type of power demands that cannot be met by 99.9% of all class "b's" out there. And the few that can run large banks of expensive lithium batteries. Very rare indeed, so you need to remove the A/C & heatpump from the equation. Maybe a very short limited microwave use, but we can't run ours on inverter and they do drain batteries quickly.

But if you boondock (no power connections) as you describe after driving and arriving with fully charged twin lead-acid batteries you should be fine. we typically arrive at camp after 5pm with fully charged batteries and have no problem running the fridge, lights, tv, and either the Maxxfan or Suburban furnace all night (depending on the weather). We usually hit the road again about 9am, so this means 15 hrs. with never less than 12.2 - 12.4 volts which we recharge while driving the next day.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:35 AM   #100
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Prince George , Virginia
I would still keep the automatic generator start on.