Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2019, 02:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB International
Wilmot , New Hampshire
2019 van changes?

Hi, this might be already addressed but I can't find it. I'm looking to see what changes Airstream made to the 2019 (still on the 2018 Sprinter) Interstate? Other than a price increase! Thanks.

BTW, I hate the pedestal tables - anyone replaced them with the Lagun table system? (It comes standard in the new 19Ft Interstate).
jagzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #2
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
I can only recall the rear seat/bed being different... thicker, flatter and better than the previous year.

Can't think of any other change made... but looking at their website, does not look like the have updated the photos and layouts to show this.

Edit... well scrap that comment... l just saw a couple of videos of some 2019 units, same as what we have in 2018... so the changes to the bed were made only to the Interstate Nineteen... and that special Slate Edition Interstate...

So the upgrades are:
4 batteries instead of 2
Auto generator start
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:29 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzoo View Post
BTW, I hate the pedestal tables - anyone replaced them with the Lagun table system? (It comes standard in the new 19Ft Interstate).

Interblog did her own lagun table before I even saw the first one on a factory unit. I agree they are a good idea. Search lagun and you'll see her post and some others here.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:19 PM   #4
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I hate the pedestal tables. The table can not be moved around. Both the heavy table and the pedestal have to be stored.

Airstream is putting Lagun tables in the 2020 Interstate GTs. Instead of the partial folding desk behind the driver's seat, the whole desk swivels out into the aisle for use as a table. I wish mine did that. I'm fixing that, though.

My Lagun kit just arrived. I plan to use it to swivel the formerly folding part of the desk. It will still provide a dining table that will just hold two place settings and it will be moveable so that we are not trapped behind it.

I did the disassembly of the folding table this afternoon. Tomorrow, I will make the mounting block similar to the 2020 GT. I'll cover the block with laminate and it should look really nice. I also need to make a nice laminated block to support the end of the table where it hinged. I'll use a window sash lock to clamp the table in place when used as a desk.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 19' International
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Pretty excited, I just looked at their website and they are a stone's throw from my sales call in Waterloo/Cedar Falls. Totally checking out this for a solution to the clunky table we've only used once or twice. It should be easier to put up than it is in my opinion. Pretty sure it is the one used in Leisure Travel Vans.
Hawk-ination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:04 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Jackson Hole - Tetons , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
I can only recall the rear seat/bed being different... thicker, flatter and better than the previous year.

Can't think of any other change made... but looking at their website, does not look like the have updated the photos and layouts to show this.

Edit... well scrap that comment... l just saw a couple of videos of some 2019 units, same as what we have in 2018... so the changes to the bed were made only to the Interstate Nineteen... and that special Slate Edition Interstate...

So the upgrades are:
4 batteries instead of 2
Auto generator start

And 4x4 was offered with Air Ride suspension instead of “either or.”
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote