Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2018, 08:52 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post

I wonder if it was because it was to early in the process... but yes, when they were done with the replacement, did not seem like they made much progress with the noise... sounded just as loud in the video...

Hopefully we will have an answer soon, either directly or indirectly via their blog, because I sent James and Stef that very question in an email. Why didn't they wait? Did they not know about this pending option, or is there a catch that the rest of us don't know about?
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:14 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm View Post
You are right!

Looked up the spec and it is a 240 volt unit. So we are out of commision on using it on our current 30 amp 120 service. It is also spec'ed at 50 Hz. And 3.2 KW. At $1,800 it is also quite a bit more expensive than the Domic.

Wonder if the rest of their line has a 120 volt unit.
For them to convert units to 120/60 would be trivial, but still takes time and takes units away from their other clients, so I'm guessing Mike is still working through those production and delivery details with them.

However, if the rumors are true and they are indeed in the process of being bought by Dometic, I would expect this supply constraint to be short lived and soon they'll be available everywhere.

Re. James and Steff, I'm guessing they simply didn't know about these units at the time they did their "upgrade" (more of a "sidegrade" really since it made very little difference), especially given the voltage/frequency difference. It will be interesting to see if they get one (either through Mike or directly) and give it a try now that the "secret" is out.....
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:00 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bellevue , Washington
Does the Advanced RV run on 120 or 240?
amirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:03 PM   #44
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm View Post
Does the Advanced RV run on 120 or 240?
ARV's are 120.
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:27 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
If this adaptation were pending or soon-to-be-attainable, I have to wonder why James Adinaro apparently (?) didn't know about it - if he'd known about it, I assume he would have aspired to be among the first to get it and report on it, as has been the case with other upgrade options. He communicates routinely with ARV and has them do some of his upfits, including the recent E&P leveling system installation. It's hard for me to imagine such a major step forward (quiet a/c!!!) not entering into the natural flow of conversation among the employees at ARV. And yet James went to big trouble just six months ago to "upgrade" to another Dometic that really didn't net him very much noise improvement. Plus they have a high vaulted bed in their rig, which means that the noise issue is vastly more important for them than it is for those of us who sleep closer to the floor.

Curiouser and curiouser.
James says that they hated their old a/c so much that they just went ahead and did their initial replacement, and that this new option hadn't yet become available at that time.

Since then, they've been talking with ARV, and may get this newer option installed.

Their situation sounds a bit analogous to LB_3 and I, and our three refrigerators.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Do you have a product reference for "horse blanket rubber"? What is the substance exactly? You may have stated this elsewhere on the forum; if so, I missed it...

I somehow missed this. Maybe already answered by somebody else.

I don't have the product reference, but it is the stuff equestrians put on the floors of their horse trailers. (Not really a horse blanket). Some sort of rubberized matting. Bob Jones RV cut strips and placed in between the generator and the chassis mounts. I got the idea from MCRIDER, who might give you more specifics. But really any sort of quasi-rubber gasket material would do as well.

We can now run the generator and have a normal comfortable conversation inside the van.
TayaraTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:14 AM   #47
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Yarnell , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayaraTravel View Post
I somehow missed this. Maybe already answered by somebody else.

I don't have the product reference, but it is the stuff equestrians put on the floors of their horse trailers. (Not really a horse blanket). Some sort of rubberized matting. Bob Jones RV cut strips and placed in between the generator and the chassis mounts. I got the idea from MCRIDER, who might give you more specifics. But really any sort of quasi-rubber gasket material would do as well.

We can now run the generator and have a normal comfortable conversation inside the van.
Tractor Supply and other ranch stores handle the rubbrr flooring.
iaqstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #48
3 Rivet Member

Plano , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaqstuff View Post
Tractor Supply and other ranch stores handle the rubbrr flooring.
Think this is it?

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...bber-stall-mat

Probably a bit too much material at 4' x 6' but is 3/4" thick and says noise and vibration absorbent.
Tobbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:10 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Yarnell , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbun View Post
Think this is it?

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...bber-stall-mat

Probably a bit too much material at 4' x 6' but is 3/4" thick and says noise and vibration absorbent.
Yes. Folks use it in their horse trailers, etc.
iaqstuff is offline   Reply With Quote