Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2017, 04:06 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
[QUOTE=Ryoungca;2013114]
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
If you replace these with two Lifeline 4CT's which are 6V you will wind up with 220AH. (37.5% increase). (you will need to wire these in series instead of parallel like the supplied batteries in order to get back to 12V). Then, if you add a 2nd tray with 2 more 4CT's you will have a total of 440AH.

C21Bill: I am embarking on the same battery upgrade for my 2017 AI Lounge version. Where did you install the 4 X Lifeline 4CTs? inside, under the floor? Did you find cases that would fit the 4CTs? I didn't think they fit the standard Airstream cases.

Thanks,

Roger

The Lifeline 4CTs won’t fit the trays on the ‘16s and on. They are 0.5” too wide. You would need to select a battery no wider than the 24T which is 6.5”.
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:03 AM   #22
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthrngary View Post
First an apology to all folks on this board. I left for a while. When my wife would not let me get an Interstate, I bought a 2017 25 ft. flying cloud Twin. GREAT trailer however, I know from the start it was not for me. I HATE towing anything in a trailer. So after 7 months and only 1500 miles I have had it. I was JUST about to by an 2018 Entegra Anthem 44F for HUGE money. When my bride told me she did not want to RV that much, I no longer needed a Diesel Pusher, so NOW I can get my original choice of a Airstream Interstate Gran Tour with rear suspension. Because she is relieved the HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars I was going to spend is no longer. I can get the Tommy Bahama version. Now for my questions:

1) I like the 2017 vs. 2018 version because I don't like the new water heater or touch screen. Your opinion on this is much appreciated.
2) Since it is a 2017 vs 2018 and please be realistic with me, what discount mark up do you think is fare. %

I am going to buy it this week with her permission of course. I have waited long enough. Your help is welcomed and encouraged.
Have you decided?

Are you positive you do not like the upgrades on the '18s? You get more solar panels (300 vs 100 - 3 panes vs 1), resonator for the generator to make it a little bit quieter when running), the screens that come standard on the '18 (side door and rear door), I find the instant water heater to be a plus (and cleans up the looks on that side of the AI)...as well as the simple screen that controls everything. We found it rather intuitive and friendly to use.

And if, like the other forum member that posted, you can get a 21% discount on it... So you would have to get a significant better deal on the 17 to offset all this...

Upgrading the solar panels and adding the resonator to the generator is an easy task on the 17... so that is no big deal.

Above all, don't do like I did... kicking myself for letting myself get caught up in the frenzy and not doing my due diligence like I have done for everything else that I buy... Shop around and get the dealers competing for your business.

Best of luck on the search and let us know what you end up with
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:43 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Have you decided?

Are you positive you do not like the upgrades on the '18s? You get more solar panels (300 vs 100 - 3 panes vs 1), resonator for the generator to make it a little bit quieter when running), the screens that come standard on the '18 (side door and rear door), I find the instant water heater to be a plus (and cleans up the looks on that side of the AI)...as well as the simple screen that controls everything. We found it rather intuitive and friendly to use.

And if, like the other forum member that posted, you can get a 21% discount on it... So you would have to get a significant better deal on the 17 to offset all this...

Upgrading the solar panels and adding the resonator to the generator is an easy task on the 17... so that is no big deal.

Above all, don't do like I did... kicking myself for letting myself get caught up in the frenzy and not doing my due diligence like I have done for everything else that I buy... Shop around and get the dealers competing for your business.

Best of luck on the search and let us know what you end up with
I have made up my mind. It was not all that difficult. 1) Year: 2018; 2) Model: Airstream Interstate EXT Grand Tour Tommy Bahama Relax Addition with Rear Air Suspension. Price/Discount off of sticker: Between 19.5 to 20%. I am sure I could have gotten 21 but the dealer needs to pay their bills also. Finally, I will have to order it because their is no one dealer that has what I want except on in Scottsdale, AR. 1500 miles to get a unit is excessive. The choice was really easy because the difference in price between the 2017 and 2018 was reasonable. Also, the "Firefly" screen you spoke about is not the key. It is multi-plex wiring that makes the difference. I do not like the space lost under the bed for the new water heater however I do like the exterior drivers side wall with out the bulk door for water heater. I love the side video's on the actual mirrors instead of the bad placement in the past on the doors. BUT the real reason I make up my mind was my wife. When she found out I was not going to by a $350,000.00 Entegra Diesel Pusher and instead getting the Airstream I originally wanted, she was so relieved I easily added in the Tommy Bahama Option. My salesmen is off today and tomorrow so I will place the order on Thursday. Thank you for your help.

Proud new owner of a 2018 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour Tommy Bahama
Previously owned a 2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 25 ft.
sthrngary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #24
c21
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
[QUOTE=sthrngary;2013512]I have made up my mind. It was not all that difficult. 1) Year: 2018; 2) Model: Airstream Interstate EXT Grand Tour Tommy Bahama Relax Addition with Rear Air Suspension.

Congratulations. You're going to love your new Interstate.
c21 is offline   Reply With Quote