Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-27-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Camarillo , California
2016 Rear Bug Screen Stopped

Hi All,
Newest challenge on my 2016 GT- rear bug shade stopped at mid position. No issue with track, fuses, or remotes as I can faintly hear a slight click at the shade when depressing up or down function on remote- just no motor action after that. The coach is 2 months old and shade was working fine until it suddenly stopped midway. It seems like motor has failed. Ideas welcomed. Many thanks in advance.
1jacobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:12 AM   #2
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
I have same model. I think there is a limit switch that is adjustable (like the shades). Great ideas until they don't work.

Does the screen work otherwise - go up and down - just stops at a point to high up? If so I'm betting it's a limit switch needing adjusted.

Not sure if instructions are in packet, I'm away from the van right now or I'd check.

Mike
Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #3
J&J In A Can

Cottonwood , Arizona
It probably de-programmed itself. There is a thread on this forum from around March of this year that deals with how to program the shades. I had one do the same thing. It takes about 5 minutes to fix, once you have the instructions which are available on the original thread.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:38 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Camarillo , California
Thanks for replies to stuck rear screen

Thanks for the replies. I did locate guide and tried to reprogram without success. I think the motor has quit or the gears are jammed. Can't even hear a struggling motor though. You are right. These features are great until they're not great!
Back to dealer it goes...
Jack
Attached Files
File Type: pdf automotion_users_manual.pdf (1.22 MB, 127 views)
1jacobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:30 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Los Gatos , California
Our rear screen stopped in the lowered position shortly after we had it installed in our 2015 GT and we found that it was a failed battery in the remote control unit.
WBCCI Member #5506
tlundell is offline   Reply With Quote