Old 05-30-2015, 05:49 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Coach
Austin , Texas
Patrick at Colonial Airstream posted some good videos about new features in the 2016. I'm digging the automatic shades mostly because it looks like they are true blackout screens. The side cameras are a nice new feature. I also like how the twin beds are designed to convert to a King size bed. I ordered a lounge model and really wish I had gone for a Twin...now people can have the best of both worlds.

Interstate Twin:
Side Cameras:

Old 05-30-2015, 09:22 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
I have to give Airstream credit. They just keep on adding new stuff.

The shades seem nice even with the "MEGA" Remote Control and as if we didn't already have enough remotes . Hopefully they have some longevity to them.

I don't find the side cameras necessary with the mirror warning lights, but hey could probably get used to them.

I really like that the new rear view monitor is a solid mount rather than being clipped onto the old rear view mirror. Not sure who thought that was a good idea?

Old 05-31-2015, 05:38 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Too many remotes and too large a TV to suit me , but I do like the wardrobes and the wet bath.

No sink in ours, toilet paper is recessed into the little medicine cabinet over th toilet, and no swing out mirror.

Doesn't make me want a new one , but this does look efficient and space-economical.

Maggie
Old 05-31-2015, 07:32 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
il , Illinois
The lights underneath the chassis are impressive at night. Very white and matches the awning LED.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:11 AM   #19
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm View Post
The lights underneath the chassis are impressive at night. Very white and matches the awning LED.
That would be a bad thing on my 2012 Interstate. The "patio" light is way too dim to even use as a night-light— it's the dimmest LED in the entire van— so all it's good for is to tell people whether I'm there or away (as in, "I'll leave the porch light on for you.") I trust newer models actually have a usable patio light?
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:44 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
il , Illinois
With the awning light, patio light and chassis light it seems to be adequate lighting. Although, I haven't tried it outside of our driveway.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:25 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
My patio lite is just a little, dim incandescent bulb. Thought about replacing it w/ a LED but since I don't use it . . .

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:08 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Rockville , Maryland
Patrick - if you are around thanks once more for keeping us updated with Airstream's MY changes...

Rumor has it The Scheck's are contemplating downsizing from the Solei to an Interstate at the ole' Colonial Airstream shop...
**I Love U.S.A.**
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:24 PM   #23

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Irvine , California
We have auto-shades in our 2016 Interstate. They operate only from a single panel remote that if you misplace it will mean your shades stay in whatever position they were. The shades often fall off the tracks regardless of how careful you are. One shades motor runs in the opposite direction of the other. A real problem when you use the all shades at a time command. Keep in mind there are two motors per window. One for the sun shade, the other for the night shades.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:12 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
La Center , Washington
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum, and new to owning an Airstream.. but excited to join the fun.. been RVing for years and truly enjoy it. I was just at the SEMA show in Las Vegas last week, and was looking at several manufactures of LED lighting with an eye on adding some to my 2013 AI ext lounge.. I am finally getting my latest blog up and running, and will be posting information and links for lights I find that are well suited to the RV community, along with lots of other goodies.
Feel free to take a peek anytime. CommunityRV | Bringing Technology & fun to your RV experience

And if this forum is like many other I frequent, I am sure to be around pretty much daily..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm View Post
Old 11-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Welcome to the Airforums.

Thank you for your service. Went to SEMA in 2009. A gear head's heaven.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote