Originally Posted by 73shark
How is it different than the street side second row overhead cabinet?
It is a little smaller and sticks out into the door area, you can smack your head while exiting the van if not careful.
Some other points he made.
1) I miss the under seat trays as well - they were PERFECT for the water bottles and dog food.
2) The rear camera is wired to a switched power - I've already decided I'll be finding that and figuring it out - that Right Side Camera is a PERFECT video camera down the right side of the door. (lots of curious people knock on my doors for some reason after I have all the shades pulled and windows covered. Will be nice to have a video camera looking out there rather than having to hold the .45 behind my back
3) The new 22" TV (or whatever size it is) in the front is nice, but I've hit my head on it twice today while crawling around in the cab working on connections - at least it has a break away (tips up) so when I smacked it really hard the whole TV popped up!
4) they put nice hanger hooks in the back of this one too! I actually had placed nice stainless drawer pulls to my ceiling and then attached a coat rod across it - nice to see they include that as standard now.
5) MOST USEFUL TODAY - as I was still reloading tools, cords, targets, etc after dark - were the two LED lamps mounted in the rear under the lounge - I can't count the number of times I went to the back to get something only to be wishing I was wearing Night Vision Goggles because it was so dark! Even bought a 12v
dome light to put up just never got it installed.
I'll keep everyone up to date on what I find as I go along - and will report on the roll and roughness of the suspension compared to my upgraded Sprinter Store suspension on the 14
My #1 reason for upgrade was adaptive cruise and lane departure. Have it on my wife's Explorer and daughter's Cherokee and LOVE it.