Old 11-09-2015, 09:58 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
The vacuum breaker on the sewer flush is important. If you put a hose on the fitting, pressurize it, then lose pressure it's very possible to siphon water out of the black tank if the end of the hose is below the tank sprayer level. That's what the vacuum breaker prevent. Replace it with a brass one, but for the sake of public health, DON'T bypass it. You can easily contaminate your hose, and whatever water system it's connected to with the contents of the black tank.

It's there for a darn good reason!!!

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums

2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:06 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Merritt Island , Florida
Success! Per suggestions by several, I pulled the freezer (street side on Grand Tour) and the back flow preventer was obvious. It was also installed backwards and confirmed by turning on the flush water. The arrows on the brass valve body show the proper direction. So, I turned it around. Of course, the problem is finding PEX copper sleeves and crimp tool, but the Shark Bite connectors work just fine. Now, the flush water goes into the black tank. Thanks for all the help.
Don

Old 11-10-2015, 11:34 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
I guess the new Quality Director they hired last summer didn't do any good. Really sad.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:57 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
2016 Interstate black tank flushing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsquare View Post
Success! Per suggestions by several, I pulled the freezer (street side on Grand Tour) and the back flow preventer was obvious. It was also installed backwards and confirmed by turning on the flush water. The arrows on the brass valve body show the proper direction. So, I turned it around. Of course, the problem is finding PEX copper sleeves and crimp tool, but the Shark Bite connectors work just fine. Now, the flush water goes into the black tank. Thanks for all the help.
Don

You have a brass back flow preventer valve - nice. That is an upgrade from the fragile plastic one on my older Interstate. I guess Airstream decided to fix the weakness of a plastic valve, but then can't seem to get it installed right.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter

Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote