Old 09-26-2016, 04:33 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
Bad cells?

We don't have an Interstate, but a 25' FC, 2014. We had gone 6 months after purchasing new, and had limited issues, we found out later that the batteries were bad from Interstate. Not sure your situation, but I know Interstate has a good warranty program and they stood behind either a swap out for new or 100% credit for different type. We went with AGM's and paid the difference. If yours are not Interstate, I would still check with the manufacturer and have them checked out by same. You don't need the dealer to be involved, nor do you need to do it at location you purchased, if they are under warranty. We purchased in Sacramento area, and took to Interstate in San Diego.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:07 AM   #16
Cloudland2

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Trenton , Georgia
My battery update

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
We don't have an Interstate, but a 25' FC, 2014. We had gone 6 months after purchasing new, and had limited issues, we found out later that the batteries were bad from Interstate. Not sure your situation, but I know Interstate has a good warranty program and they stood behind either a swap out for new or 100% credit for different type. We went with AGM's and paid the difference. If yours are not Interstate, I would still check with the manufacturer and have them checked out by same. You don't need the dealer to be involved, nor do you need to do it at location you purchased, if they are under warranty. We purchased in Sacramento area, and took to Interstate in San Diego.
Similar story. Our '16 FC25's (picked up in May) batteries have not been able to hold a charge on our current Rockies trip for the last six weeks. Yesterday morning they had dropped to 12.1 after charging with an auxiliary multi stage charger by generator the evening before for several hours. Enroute to Ouray we stopped at Interstate distributor in Montrose and Brian tested our batteries. No dead cells but said the batteries should be holding a charge better than I had described so said, "you should not be worrying about your batteries on your trip", and he swapped them them out for fresh ones. AWESOME service!!!! He even gave me a free tester for the new batteries. I am beginning to believe the prevailing sentiments concerning the stock converter and hope to upgrade converter and batteries this winter. 🤑

Old 09-27-2016, 02:47 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
St Augustine , Florida
Took it to the dealer this morning and they checked everything out and said I should try equalizing the batteries through the inverter control before I replace the batteries that they have had good luck doing this with interstates that have been sitting

John Jackson
www.NotStockPhotography.com
Old 09-28-2016, 08:08 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
St Augustine , Florida
.........and equalizing the batteries didn't work hahaha
Old 10-01-2016, 12:53 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
2016 Interstate battery questions