Old 05-16-2015, 08:35 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
lemon city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Welcome to AirForums! Interstates are built by humans without aid of high tech robotics so there are bound to be issues. Let us know your specific problems and we can offer help if you want it. Many of us have had issues, mostly minor and fixable either by the dealer or by yourself if you are so inclined.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Thanks for the welcome and support, much appreciated! Trying to get the hang of posting and gave a brief description of what we've been dealing with as a reply to the first reply we received... everyone sees that? hope that's the way this works!?

Right now we're trying to figure out what to do...

Old 05-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

lemon city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA_russ View Post
We picked ours up Tuesday, so limited experience to date. Getting the current software installed on the Kenwood provided the first diversion. Before updating pretty much nothing worked.

Sometime after getting it home we lost the ability to run anything using propane. The fuse that controls the propane valve, propane detector, refrigerator, and oddly the aux battery display had blown. Interactions with two different dealer service departments was not encouraging, but at least we didn't have to take it in for service just to track down a bad fuse. The big replacement fuse kit comes in Sunday delivery.

I found this forum the day after signing a purchase agreement. Many thanks for all the posters that have given us a great head start on the journey we've started. We're heading to FL for 4-5 days next week, so I'm sure I'll have more appreciation for your insights soon.
Hoping you enjoy a wonderful travel! We were so excited to start out on our very first trip and even the first few bumps in the road, we were loving having this beautiful RV- hope these are your only bumps in the road and that you don't have to deal with any of the issues we've had!

Old 05-16-2015, 08:45 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

lemon city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Welcome to you both, and may present issues resolve.

Ours had some, too, but now at 160,000+ miles and couldn't love her more.

Maggie
Thanks for the welcome and we're hoping we'll get the chance to figure all of this out and do as many miles as you have! That was the dream...
Old 05-16-2015, 08:55 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member

lemon city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_CA View Post
Is it just a coincidence that you are from lemon city?

Like others have said, let us know what issues you have. We may be able to help.

I have had very few problems to date and miles of smiles.
Thanks for the offer to help- Right now we're trying to figure out how to deal with everything- see our list of issues in the first reply. New to posting and I think that's how this works?

Miles of smiles- that's what we were hoping for!
Old 05-16-2015, 09:00 AM   #19

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsprinter View Post
Looked up Lemon City FL on google maps and no city by that name was found
Actually, there is a Lemon City. It is one of the old neighborhoods in the Northeast section of Miami. I lived there as a boy. It does show up under that name in Microsoft Streets and Trips. It is a part of Miami where there were many lemon groves in the pre-boom days.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #20
1 Rivet Member

lemon city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillerok1 View Post
Didn't the dealer mention that you are the quality control inspector Airstream relies on?
Well, you've just summed-up exactly what we're thinking right now! Having a new RV for two months, heading out on our very first voyage and a little more than 1,000 miles filled with failures- not able to be used as an RV and wondering why the word warranty is being discussed.... something else came immediately to mind. As we read through more posts on this forum it makes you wonder what's going on here....
Old 05-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

lemon city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_CA View Post
1 post wonder?
No, just still working alot and then trying to get the hang of how to use the forum!
Old 05-16-2015, 11:22 AM   #22
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Glad you're back.

Sounds like a trip to your dealer for service is in order. Sounds like you have been back at least once? Did they not fix everything or have new issues cropped up? Don't give up, keep going back until everything is resolved.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:41 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Another way to flood the van is to close the lid over the sink without first ensuring that the water faucet valve is pushed down as closing the lid will turn it on otherwise and drain the freshwater tank.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Sounds like you might have recourse under the lemon laws, which depending on the state, may apply to all motorized vehicles (but not travel trailers -- at least in Ohio.)
Old 05-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #25
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by remphoto View Post
Sounds like you might have recourse under the lemon laws, which depending on the state, may apply to all motorized vehicles (but not travel trailers -- at least in Ohio.)
In many states, that would only apply if the Sprinter systems are defective, not the Airstream-installed systems. Van conversions can be tricky when it comes to lemon laws.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:18 PM   #26
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by zingara View Post
Thanks for the "Monday van" humor- we need a good laugh about now!
Unfortunately that wasn't humor. The "Monday product" phenomenon applies mostly to trailers— because they make more of them— but it's a real thing.
Quote:
Water pump failed, flooded coach (fixed now); leaks in roof, did serious damage to interior; solar panel issues; electrical problems- lights, tv, cam/gps system/ plugs, etc; refrigerator doesn't stay cold (freezer's good, though!);serious generator total failure; and other stuff that seems minor at the moment.
The engineering term for that is "cascade failure" meaning that one thing going wrong causes another to go wrong. For example, for a water pump failure to cause flooding, the outlet hose might have come loose, causing the pump to run constantly until it pumped the fresh tank dry. All that water inside the galley cabinets caused electrical failures to any circuits that can be damaged by water intrusion. Starting the generator while you've got an active short-circuit can cause the generator's voltage regulator to fry itself, which kills the generator. Not saying that's exactly how it happened; just saying that while you've had many problems, that doesn't necessarily mean that all of those problems existed when you bought it, only some of them.

As for the fridge not staying cold, you're not the first Grand Tour owner with that complaint. Nova Kool fridges and freezers are 12vDC/120vAC models. It's possible that the 12vDC connection wasn't wired up, so when you have no 120vAC power, the fridge shuts down.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:08 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Encinitas , California
We have a 2013 Interstate and have had a few problems with fuses blowing, the refrigerator going out ( and the dealer then telling me we had a marine refrigerator installed...only to replace it with the same one) it probably is a marine "fridge". Now, having issues with the Kenwood Stereo, will turn on, but not working at all. Think will have to replace and don't know who to go to ? Any ideas?
Old 05-16-2015, 10:14 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suru View Post
Now, having issues with the Kenwood Stereo, will turn on, but not working at all. Think will have to replace and don't know who to go to ? Any ideas?
I'm not sure what problem you're having, but in case it's related to the one I had:

My unit wouldn't display the home page at all, just a blurred wavy blue background. If I hit the nav button after powering up the map would display. If I used the remote I could get to some sources. On some of the screens I could get to some of the setup screens. If I hit the wrong thing nothing worked until I powered the unit off and on.

My system was running version 1.2 of the software. I installed the 1.3 update from Kenwood's web site, and now everything seems to work as described in the manual. (I also installed a bluetooth update.)

The Kenwood web site also has a document describing how to apply the update. It's hard to follow the directions with the system barely limping, but it's possible.

Happy to provide more detail if it's useful.