Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, Gnorts....that makes a lot of sense, and is along the lines of what made sense to me.

Should a buyer question the Interstate model year, the original paperwork exists to show it.

Maggie
Old 11-15-2014, 09:59 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
I agree with Gnorts. Most DMVs and insurance companies have a database of VINs. When they pull up the VIN of an Sprinter van they see a picture of the vehicle. When I registered mine in Maryland the clerk let me look at her computer screen. She registered it as a MB Sprinter van which was OK with me because my HOA does not allow RVs to be parked in neighborhood. HOA has exemption for passenger vans - so mine is a 7 passenger conversion van done by Airstream on a Mercedes Sprinter.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambita View Post
My RV insurance record, it is a 2015 model.
Just in case an accident happen ie total loss, i am worried my insurance will appraise it as 2014 , not 2015
The push-back we got was not from DMV - it was from our insurance company, which refused to use our Airstream year (2007), wanting instead our Sprinter year (2006), to the point where they made us go back to the state of Texas inspection station and forced US to compel THEM to change the vehicle ID number in the paperwork to reflect the Sprinter year (the records had originally been issues on the Airstream year). Sorry for the convoluted sentence but you get the idea.

It is possible that their motivation was to achieve a lower de facto appraisal value. If so, that effort was moot because we subsequently renegotiated a declared-value policy (that whole mess is discussed in this thread).
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote