Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Auburn , Alabama
2007 Interstate Sofa Source

I am removing the middle dinette from a 2007 interstate and am trying to locate a folding bench sofa to match the original. Any help on the maker, model,or 3rd party source would be appreciated.

Rz
gta289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Cabin John , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gta289 View Post
I am removing the middle dinette from a 2007 interstate and am trying to locate a folding bench sofa to match the original. Any help on the maker, model,or 3rd party source would be appreciated.

Rz
I'm not really of much help here, but I have the '07 Interstate rear-bath with two sofas, and I'm curious as to why you are swapping the dinette for a sofa. Sometimes I wonder if I would have preferred the dinette. What is your opinion of it, if you don't mind?

Thanks.
patrickdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Check with your AS dealer. ZZ
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
most of them have been Flexsteel. I think this is what Soldiermedic used. Shop around, they are pricy.
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:15 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Auburn , Alabama
patrickdylan,

The biggest reason for the swap is the limited sleep space provided by the dinette. By using the two couch system, both units will meet in the middle and provide what is essentially a queen sized bed.

I have already found the table and base needed for the conversion, but the couch has been elusive. Not interested in going through a dealer as this only adds to cost. There is nothing stamped on the couch frame and the cushions are tagged by Design Time, Inc., but a search for this company has returned nothing. I have the AS part number, but of course this is their number and not the actual manufacturer's number.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:46 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Cabin John , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gta289 View Post
patrickdylan,

The biggest reason for the swap is the limited sleep space provided by the dinette. By using the two couch system, both units will meet in the middle and provide what is essentially a queen sized bed.

I have already found the table and base needed for the conversion, but the couch has been elusive. Not interested in going through a dealer as this only adds to cost. There is nothing stamped on the couch frame and the cushions are tagged by Design Time, Inc., but a search for this company has returned nothing. I have the AS part number, but of course this is their number and not the actual manufacturer's number.
I guess the dinette would leave a gap, but I hadn't really thought about that. That might be a good thing, depending on who your travel buddies are!

Have you tried calling the AS headquarters and talking to technical support? I'm pretty new to this world, but I called them about the house battery (looking at replacement options for a dead one) and a very nice gentleman let me know that Mercedes provides the AUX battery under the pass. seat, but was able to give me a MOPAR part number to help when I called the local Dodge and RV dealers. Try calling them, they may be able to provide some leads. Even if you don't buy from a dealer, the HQ might at least be able to help you figure out who makes them.
patrickdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Auburn , Alabama
AS is who gave me the part number, but indicated the couch was made exclusively for them...which I have a hard time believing.