Old 07-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #1

2006 22' Interstate
Midway , Utah
2006 Interstate Electrical Diagram

Solar Panel connections. Anyone have experience?
Where is fuse box?
Where do 10 gauge Red, Black, Yellow, White wires source from and dangle behind Monitor panels next to Shower? Owners manual info is vague and finding other ends to connect solar panel is not clear.
Thx

Old 07-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Airstream is very reluctant to share its wiring diagrams. When I had a Viper alarm system installed, the installer had to go through the local dealer and wait two weeks to receive a wiring schematic so he'd know where to hook in the various alarm modules. And Airstream left the installer strict orders not to share it with anyone, including me, the owner. No idea why; seems to me that I have a right to know what my Interstate's electrical system consists of.

Can't really give you advice on the install. Mine came from Jackson Center with a solar panel already installed.

Fuse panel for the house 12v system should be next to the house battery disconnect. That much at least I can answer.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #3

2006 22' Interstate
Midway , Utah
Protagonist

Thanks for the reply. It was great of you to reply so quickly!

I will keep looking for the E-diagram and appreciate how frustrating it was for you to get the work done on your unit without it.

I found the fuse box. In my case it is NOT as the Owner's manual says adjacent to the Battery Disconnect (which is by the entrance steps to the left). In my case the fuse box is under the wardrobe aft of the refrigerator.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #4

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by gboson View Post
I found the fuse box. In my case it is NOT as the Owner's manual says adjacent to the Battery Disconnect (which is by the entrance steps to the left). In my case the fuse box is under the wardrobe aft of the refrigerator.
I'm not surprised. I've found some things in my Interstate do not match the information in the Owner's Manual, as well. Not a lot of discrepancies, just enough to offend my engineering sensibilities.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 07-24-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I'm not surprised. I've found some things in my Interstate do not match the information in the Owner's Manual, as well. Not a lot of discrepancies, just enough to offend my engineering sensibilities.
The owners manual for my B190 was chock full of incorrect information. The most egregious was the claim that there was only one combined waste tank and how many campers were being built this way and it was the way of the future, and I should ignore the reading for holding tank #2. The only problem was that there were in fact separate gray and black waste tanks.

While that always amused me, it was also annoying because I had no idea how large either one of them was. The spec given in the manual was for the nonexistent combined tank.

The B190 didn't have a wiring diagram with it, either. I went through and audited every circuit to figure out what was on every fuse, but that's not quite the same as a true wiring diagram. Our trailer, on the other hand, has wiring schematics for every trailer Airstream made that year. I'm not sure if they all come with them, or if we have them because of the extensive solar/inverter setup someone installed.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #6

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater View Post
The B190 didn't have a wiring diagram with it, either. I went through and audited every circuit to figure out what was on every fuse, but that's not quite the same as a true wiring diagram. Our trailer, on the other hand, has wiring schematics for every trailer Airstream made that year. I'm not sure if they all come with them, or if we have them because of the extensive solar/inverter setup someone installed.
I think it's more likely that trailers come with wiring diagrams because they're built entirely by Airstream. With the van conversions, Airstream is adding wiring on top of what Chevrolet or Sprinter or whoever already had. Most automobile manufacturers don't provide wiring diagrams in the owner's manual, either; they leave that for the service manuals.

That said, I still think that Airstream ought to provide wiring diagrams for the wiring they installed, even if they don't provide diagrams for the base van's wiring harness.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4