Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2004, 06:42 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1997 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Alliance , Nebraska
1997 "B" generator vibration & noise

Has anyone else experienced my problem? If so, how did you get the problem resolved? The one major thing I didn't check out before I purchased my 1997 B 190 was the generator. (On my previous B of another brand, the generator was located in the passenger rear. No problem with either vibration or excessive noise.) The odometer on my 'new' B turned over 7,000 miles when I test drove it. First time I turned the generator on it showed 3 hours use. ......... What a shock to find the generator is located directly behind the driver's seat, under the couch. Vibration and noise both made it intolerable to be in the van while the generator was running. ............ Over the next two years I spent considerable time and money trying to get the problem solved, to no avail. ........ In July an authorized Airstream service center was able to reduce the vibration by about half but it still isn't where I would like it to be. ........ HOW DID ANYONE ELSE GET THE PROBLEM SOLVED??????????
Thanks for your help.
/s/ Tucker T
TuckerT is offline   Reply With Quote