Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2016, 08:01 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Manassas , Virginia
12 volt power for Interstate front camera

I have a 2015 Interstate Grand Tour. I have mounted a front facing camera on the windshield forward of the rear view camera display. Currently, I snake the power cord around the edge of the windshield to the cigarette lighter socket.

Instead, I would like to get camera power from the overhead center console. I am told that I can splice the forward camera power cable into available 12 volts in the overhead center console. Can anyone tell me how to drop the center overhead console without damaging it?

Thanks.
curmugeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
IIRC, it is held by clips on each side and you can release by pushing in on one side and when it drops down, the other side can be dropped also.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:53 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Orange County , California
Push the overhead plastic console sideways towards the driver and pull down. On mine, the cardboard-like overhead got frayed by the spring loaded clip on the plastic consol, so I used super glue to harden the cardboard up. I also have a dashcam that's powered (switched) from the overhead area so it's available. As you may already know, many dashcams run on 5 vdc so you may need a power supply.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt